If the Flyers lose to the Pens this Thursday and fall to 1-7.....

AbsolutelyNot

Nov 8, 2012
PA
....with the upcoming week off, would a loss to the Pens that sends them to 1-7 prompt them to make some type of move (players, GM, managment)? Knowing the reactive nature of this franchise, I know it may not be logical, but I can see something drastic happening with the extended time off.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
If they had any motivation to avoid a) being traded or b) having a full week of bag skates, they didn't show it tonight.

The lack of playmaking is evident. Akeson needs to be recalled. They can let Simmonds sit in the pressbox for a game to wake him up.

Last edited:

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Partly logical, partly symbolic. More importantly, it would be meant as a shock to the system, intended to filter down to other positions. When you shake things up, people get shook.

Or at least you hope they do.

Flyers845

Jan 19, 2006
Philadelphia Pa
The only move that could be made is remove the general manager. The big but here is the team is what it is right now so what would be the point? I don't think you gain a positive it's not like he's running the team on a day to day basis like a head coach does.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
i think they need to trade
timonen for 1st
talbot for 2nd
hartnell for 2nd and prospect
grossman for 2nd

play the young

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
they need to recall akeson
raffl bring nothing to this team
Raffl has looked better than Simmonds, Hartnell, Talbot, any of the 4th liners, and about on par with Voracek.

He could use more AHL seasoning, but there's players who are bringing much less than him at the moment.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Raffl has looked better than Simmonds, Hartnell, Talbot, any of the 4th liners, and about on par with Voracek.

He could use more AHL seasoning, but there's players who are bringing much less than him at the moment.

no way simmonds rosehill rinaldo hartnell play better that raffl. i agree only with talbot

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
You can't have this many vets and still lose in this way. I'm down for a complete youth movement and tanking 2 years

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
You can't have this many vets and still lose in this way. I'm down for a complete youth movement and tanking 2 years

:handclap: agreed as horrible as it sounds but it could make this team that much better and maybe take us to the next step and i say we trade some players for picks as well

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
haha I was just going to post exactly that. How about we offer up a few cheese steaks in exchange for Lord Stanley's cup. Extra onions...

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
If they can't up to play the Pens and get a win on home ice then we are in serious trouble. But we will beat the Pens. The more disorganized we look against other teams the better we play against the Pens. It seems. Hopefully. Please.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If they can't up to play the Pens and get a win on home ice then we are in serious trouble. But we will beat the Pens. The more disorganized we look against other teams the better we play against the Pens. It seems. Hopefully. Please.

Quite honestly the best thing for the Flyers organization could be to be embarrassed by the Pittsburgh Penguins on home ice Thursday night. If that happens much needed changes will be made.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Quite honestly the best thing for the Flyers organization could be to be embarrassed by the Pittsburgh Penguins on home ice Thursday night. If that happens much needed changes will be made.

You may be right but the last thing I or anyone deserves to see this season is to lose badly to the Pens at home. That would be worse then any 2 losses combined this season.

CyborgLindros

Mar 29, 2012
I'm half waiting for the fans to do something in total Philly character and really dig into this team. That being said if we lose to the Pens on Thursday there will be blood in the water. IF they only beat one team the rest of the way you can pencil me in for it being Pitt.
That being said I don't know if you can really do much in that next week aside from concede defeat. Either hope the week turns it around or what trade for Yakupov as was a rather brief and early rumor in the day? Trade the only veterans on the blue line we have?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I really dont get the Raffl complex people have, he hasnt shown me anything at all....ever.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
You may be right but the last thing I or anyone deserves to see this season is to lose badly to the Pens at home. That would be worse then any 2 losses combined this season.

Even if this team were playing normally you shouldn't expect to dominate or play the Pens well every game. So with the way we're playing and with the way the Pens are playing...yeah. Stark contrast there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad