OT: If the Detroit Red Wings players were cars...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's more like Kronwall in his final season.

On a side note, those shitty little Nissan trucks seem to run forever if you buy them with a manual transmission.
People seem to prefer Toyotas though. Resale value for used Toyota trucks even stuff from the 80's is pretty stupid on the West Coast, like $5 to 7k stupid for trucks with over 300k miles. You could buy 3 or 4 Ford Rangers of the same vintage for the same amount of money.

Cars last forever in areas where they don't use salt. I just replaced a CV axle in my 2001 Focus yesterday (manual of course). I have 6 cars and it's still my daily driver because it's the easiest one to fix and gets the best mileage.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Blashill: The plymouth horizon. It most certainly is a car...but is it what you want to take you from point a to point b?
horizon.jpg

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Blashill: The plymouth horizon. It most certainly is a car...but is it what you want to take you from point a to point b?
View attachment 478502

I view Blashill like a Tesla. He represents a different definition to the commonly held car and has had plenty of issues along the way, but given enough time and resources, it is proving to be a viable car in the modern car world, even though many people will never accept it because of their preconceived notions of what is a good car and that does not include an EV.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I want to know who is the Cybertruck.

1200px-Tesla_Cybertruck_outside_unveil_modified_by_Smnt.jpg

As an aside, I unironically love the Cybertruck and think it's a far superior form factor to modern trucks and if I ever needed anything this big it would be at the top of my list.

And I say that as someone that thinks Elon is a wanker.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
People seem to prefer Toyotas though. Resale value for used Toyota trucks even stuff from the 80's is pretty stupid on the West Coast, like $5 to 7k stupid for trucks with over 300k miles. You could buy 3 or 4 Ford Rangers of the same vintage for the same amount of money.

Cars last forever in areas where they don't use salt. I just replaced a CV axle in my 2001 Focus yesterday (manual of course). I have 6 cars and it's still my daily driver because it's the easiest one to fix and gets the best mileage.

@Gniwder

Six? You had 5 the last time you made mention iirc?

What'd you add?

If you don't mind me asking what other vehicles do you own? make/model?

(you don't have to list the year if you feel uncomfortable)

Are you a car hoarder ? :)

Also, Happy HondaDays, even if you celebrate ToyotaThon instead :laugh:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

As an aside, I unironically love the Cybertruck and think it's a far superior form factor to modern trucks and if I ever needed anything this big it would be at the top of my list.

I'm not a truck/SUV guy either, though I do appreciate some of them as a utility vehicle.

The Cybertruck is certainly interesting, agreed.

@Bench What makes Elon a "wanker" (such a British term) in your mind?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

I feel like this isn’t a player, but a personality outside of the organization. Prashanth Iyer. Complete a total departure from everything that is conventional hockey. The analytics guru. What can advanced metrics tell us, why eye test scouting isn’t more useful than analytical scouting, how bulletproof glass on a truck is useful at all (even though there are holes poked in analytics all the time).

All this talk about analytics…by god that’s Athanasiou’s music.

Reactions: Bench

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Larkin is a Lion - King of the jungle and apex predator

Vrana is a Cheetah - Fast and deadly

Raymond is a Panther - Kind of mysterious and scary (how good he is)

Seider is a Tiger - Big, lethal and not to be f***ed with

Bertuzzi is a stray tomcat - Tough, scrappy and will f**k you up if you piss him off

Zadina is a Sphynx - Not horrible, just kind of off-putting to a lot of people

Rasmussen is Garfield - Just a big, lovable p***y

Edit: I think I misunderstood the assignment

Love the animal analogies.

(Sir David Attenborough British accent & voice):

"Though Lions are often referred to as 'King of the Jungle', they're really King of the Bush & plains of sub-Saharan Africa, the Serengeti etc. It is the tigers who are the real Kings of the Jungle, as they are much larger, stronger, can jump higher, climb higher, they hunt alone & Actually live in the Jungle"

Seider - Kimodo Dragon

Bert - Tasmanian Devil / domestic HoneyBadger or European HoneyBadger (even deadlier)

Vrana - Shark, fast, strikes without warning, you rarely see it coming.

Zadina - one of those giant (5ft. wingspan) Bats from the Philipines & surrounding islands. Still somewhat of a mystery & rarely seen.

Ras - the Abominable Snowman / Great Pyrenees

Last edited:

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
This thread makes Kenny’s “kicking tires” trope take on a whole new meaning

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
@Gniwder

Six? You had 5 the last time you made mention iirc?

What'd you add?

If you don't mind me asking what other vehicles do you own? make/model?

(you don't have to list the year if you feel uncomfortable)

Are you a car hoarder ? :)

Also, Happy HondaDays, even if you celebrate ToyotaThon instead :laugh:
In the process of replacing the 2002 Mountaineer with a 2002 Explorer (same engine/trans). The Mountaineer is a Michigan vehicle and is completely rusting out. Just need a duck hunting vehicle, so don't want to buy anything new. It gets really muddy in Washington, it rains like every day during the winter and the duck fields are all farms. I stick to corn fields, you can literally sink 2 ft in a wet potato field after they've harvested. Everything gets muddy and transfers to the inside of the vehicle.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
In the process of replacing the 2002 Mountaineer with a 2002 Explorer (same engine/trans). The Mountaineer is a Michigan vehicle and is completely rusting out. Just need a duck hunting vehicle, so don't want to buy anything new. It gets really muddy in Washington, it rains like every day during the winter and the duck fields are all farms. I stick to corn fields, you can literally sink 2 ft in a wet potato field after they've harvested. Everything gets muddy and transfers to the inside of the vehicle.

ok, so any really interesting cars, i.e. sports cars? exotics? vintage/classics?

do you prefer all domestic or mix?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad