OT: If the Detroit Red Wings players were cars...

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
...who would be what?

Tyler Bertuzzi - Ford F150 because he just seems like a workhorse that surprises you by how much shit he gets done.
Danny DeKeyser - Hyundai Santa Fe because of how much we complain about him. (#1 lemon car of 2021!)
Michael Rasmussen - Dodge Dakota because he looks like he can do much more at a glance but when you watch his performance you're underwhelmed.
Sam Gagner - Toyota Camry because it's not very pretty. It's not very sexy. It's not very fast...but it doesn't ever break down?
Filip Hronek - Dodge Challenger RT because he's great in a straight line moving forward but has really poor visibility in the rear. (Get it? BECAUSE HE SUCKS AT DEFENSE!)

What type of cars do you think our players would be?!

(Inspired by the Tyler Bertuzzi is the spirit of the team thread)

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Moritz Seider - AMG Mercedes
I don't have any interest in this thread, but the only real answer for any of it is Mo is a Volkswagon Beetle.

51qXgV2Ay0L.jpg

Goodbye.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
...who would be what?

Tyler Bertuzzi - Ford F150 because he just seems like a workhorse that surprises you by how much shit he gets done.
Danny DeKeyser - Hyundai Santa Fe because of how much we complain about him. (#1 lemon car of 2021!)
Michael Rasmussen - Dodge Dakota because he looks like he can do much more at a glance but when you watch his performance you're underwhelmed.
Sam Gagner - Toyota Camry because it's not very pretty. It's not very sexy. It's not very fast...but it doesn't ever break down?
Filip Hronek - Dodge Challenger RT because he's great in a straight line moving forward but has really poor visibility in the rear. (Get it? BECAUSE HE SUCKS AT DEFENSE!)

Excellent Idea.

I started the Same Thread ~3 Offseasons Ago +/- & it got Locked Up + Deleted !! (Grrrrr!)

I posted pics of each car/truck/MC for most/all of our roster at the time, spent several hours reflecting on the perfect pictorial analogy for each. Was extremely disappointed in the decision to lock/delete. Considering all we had was Frans & Weird Frans et al. to complain/argue/debate ad nausem.

Maybe the pics took up too much Bandwith / resources? Or considered "Too O/T" ??

Reactions: JustJokinenAround

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
...who would be what?

(Inspired by the Tyler Bertuzzi is the spirit of the team thread)
i had a ford f150 with 420,000 miles or so on it, until some jerk off drove straight through the door as my sister was getting in, so i will second the bert comparison.

these are my kind of threads

:laugh:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Not greasy enough. Gentlemen, let me introduce Bert the El Camino.

Chevrolet-El-Camino-SS-396.jpg

It's really fitting. I made my selection in honor of MBH's thread.

Tyler Bertuzzi...the AMC Spirit. If this car doesn't scream junkyard dog, I don't know what does. It's equal parts sporty and trashy looking.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Bench

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Please note, I don't necessarily believe in all of these writeups, but they are contemporarily held opinions.

I can't help but come up with some modern era American muscle and super cars for Larkin.

Something like either the mid-engine Corvette Z51 or the Mustang Shelby GT500.

2020-corvette-stingray-z51-walkaround-video.jpg

854081161001_6068612203001_6068613064001-vs.jpg

Rasmussen is the Hummer H2. Because big, and just big.

1200px-Hummer_H2_.jpg

Zadina is the Bugatti Veyron. It had a lot of hype in its day, it performs reasonably well, but something about it doesn't look quite right and you find yourself wishing that you would have gone with something else.

se-image-ac6ebcbfe2c9abf5d5b4b25909113e74.jpg

As Bench mentioned for Bertuzzi, I have to steal the El Camino for Stecher. It just reeks of Stecher.

1969_Chevrolet_El_Camino_SS%2C_front_5.19.19.jpg

Lindstrom is the new Volvo XC60. A young Swedish import, known to be an extremely reliable brand, and sneakily quite impressive when you dig into it (possession metrics).

2020_volvo_xc60_4dr-suv_t8-polestar-engineered_fq_oem_1_1280.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-9_13-46-0.jpeg
    upload_2021-11-9_13-46-0.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2021-11-9_13-48-55.jpeg
    upload_2021-11-9_13-48-55.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Bench

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Came here for the Dekeyser answers... Haha.

Edit: Surprised there's no jokes about Dekeyser being a Ford as in Found On the Road Dead.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad