Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't mind Olympians, depending on the logo. A little bit of a funny name though if we suck.

I can't believe there are adults suggesting things like the Freeze Falcons. What the f*** is that.

Reactions: Cameron Poe Dameron

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Ah f*** I had high hopes of finding a cool name by researching Utah’s state symbols but judging the top two options we’re f***ed.

View attachment 852171
No other birds? None? Couldn't pick another State Bird that wasn't named after another state?

I don't mind Olympians, depending on the logo. A little bit of a funny name though if we suck.

I can't believe there are adults suggesting things like the Freeze Falcons. What the f*** is that.
J. Geils approves.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
It would be great if they were able to use the colors of there canyon. Still have some AZ colors to show it's heritage:)
1000025973.png

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
It would be great if they were able to use the colors of there canyon. Still have some AZ colors to show it's heritage:)
Love it. Would've really liked it if they remained the Coyotes (or the Yotes), kept the Kachina and played around with him moving, having him with the mountains in the background, putting a snow cap on him, skies etc. Change up the color scheme on the sweaters like you are suggesting but keep AZ stuff. Have some bridge elements leaving a gap for AZ Coyote fans to remain fans while being unique to Utah.

Sadly though, with AM holding onto the Coyotes branding, it is likely the death of the Kachina Coyote and that is worthy of its own grieving.

Reactions: Prarievarg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't mind Olympians, depending on the logo.

What about Spartans as an alternative? Is that Olympic themed enough?

Olympians as in residents and rulers of Mt. Olympus, as in Greek mythology, might not be super popular for the same reasons anything around serpents might not be the best received.

But if it’s clear the team is named after the original Olympic Games participants rather than polytheist “gods” that might be a better bet.

Salt Lake Spartans is way cooler than Utah Spartans, though.

Reactions: Cameron Poe Dameron

rt

May 13, 2004
If they do Utah Yeti(s) with a powder blue and dark blue primary, it would be cool if they’ve add that monument valley orange/rust as an accept. Then when they do an alternate, it can be predominantly that color with the powder blue as secondary and the dark blue just as an accept. Then they can have a southern Utah look and feel for just those games. Maybe the alternate logo can be more Pueblo hieroglyph styling for those, too.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What about Spartans as an alternative? Is that Olympic themed enough?

Olympians as in residents and rulers of Mt. Olympus, as in Greek mythology, might not be super popular for the same reasons anything around serpents might not be the best received.

But if it’s clear the team is named after the original Olympic Games participants rather than polytheist “gods” that might be a better bet.

Salt Lake Spartans is way cooler than Utah Spartans, though.

Ottawa says no you’re not using Spartans.

rt

May 13, 2004
If the cut off for “too soon” is 1,000 years and language and country don’t matter, someone should tell the Knights. Ivanhoe was less than a thousand years from peak Rome, I believe.

rt

May 13, 2004
Just looked up YETI Holdings, Inc. They’re publicly traded at $38 (more than double their IPO back in 2018) and worth over 3.3 Billion. Their revenue (TTM) in 2022 was $1.6B.

Smith does not want that smoke. Sorry Utah Yeti supporters. That is not happening. That one is out. Time to land on a 2nd favorite name.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yep. Unless they decide on a crappy brand and fire Bill Armstrong and hire Chiarelli or something. Or if Smith comes out and says Arizona fans are trash. Or names the team the saints or something.

Basically, if Utah manages not to do anything catastrophically stupid, I’m coming aboard.

Seconded.

I think there's a lot of entertainment to be had just seeing what BA can do with a real budget. And how players will react to being treated as real pros by someone who knows how to run a team. The scouting department shouldn't be too disrupted given most are remote anyways.

We endured the years of suffering to draft players like Cooley, Guenther, Doan etc... I intend to enjoy the payoff.

rt

May 13, 2004
Depends how the copyright is written.
It’s just watering down the hockey brand with major brand confusion. They’re dwarfed by the existing brand which already has incredible reach. Why compete with that if you don’t have to? There’s no way they make that choice. Once they run the numbers they’ll rule this out. The online presence and ad spend alone. It will cost at least 200 cents on the dollar to have this name. They’d be paying a huge premium to compete for no reason.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It’s gotta be bold. It’s gotta be fresh. It’s the youngest demographic. This can’t be a roll out of your dad’s sports nicknames. They’re not gonna use something that’s already used in another sport, or a name that is a close variation.

rt

May 13, 2004
It’s gotta be bold. It’s gotta be fresh. It’s the youngest demographic. This can’t be a roll out of your dad’s sports nicknames. They’re not gonna use something that’s already used in another sport, or a name that is a close variation.
But Yeti is not fresh or bold. Its brand already more established than most NHL teams.

How does Black Diamonds strike you?

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Yep. Unless they decide on a crappy brand and fire Bill Armstrong and hire Chiarelli or something. Or if Smith comes out and says Arizona fans are trash. Or names the team the saints or something.

Basically, if Utah manages not to do anything catastrophically stupid, I’m coming aboard.

Seconded.

I think there's a lot of entertainment to be had just seeing what BA can do with a real budget. And how players will react to being treated as real pros by someone who knows how to run a team. The scouting department shouldn't be too disrupted given most are remote anyways.

We endured the years of suffering to draft players like Cooley, Guenther, Doan etc... I intend to enjoy the payoff.
At first I thought I couldn’t possibly follow them, but lately I have found myself in this same mindset. I can’t abandon this team unless they strip it or embarrass it. If the Coyotes come back in the future, I’ll figure out what I do from there. but this feels like I’m quitting a race right before the finish line.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
If they do Utah Yeti(s) with a powder blue and dark blue primary, it would be cool if they’ve add that monument valley orange/rust as an accept. Then when they do an alternate, it can be predominantly that color with the powder blue as secondary and the dark blue just as an accept. Then they can have a southern Utah look and feel for just those games. Maybe the alternate logo can be more Pueblo hieroglyph styling for those, too.
I agree with the orange highlight.. thought my only fear with the light blue and dark blue is it gets pretty close to the Jets current look

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Seconded.

I just can’t. It’s not our team anymore, it’s not our identity. We’re nothing, we’re thrown in the trash, they don’t want us or need us. The team is dead.

Reactions: Nowotny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad