If the big 3 teams go down who becomes the new favourite?

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Since under this scenario CBJ has beaten Pittsburgh and either is already in the ECF or is matched up against Toronto in the second round, I think CBJ becomes the team with the best odds.

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
I'd say without those 3, it's Anaheim's or Montreal's to lose. Edmonton if they play out of their mind well, but it's hard for a team without a lot of playoff experience to get that far. I don't really know if any other team could do it, but let's see if I'm proven wrong.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
My guess is you don't watch too many games from the West. The (former) Disneyland team is pretty damn good.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
LOL i'm curious why Rangers are on that list. No need to answer, they will be irrelevant in 5 games from now. :naughty:

The Rangers are on the list because I'm not a Canadiens homer and the Rangers have a better team as a whole, rather than just one good goalie.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If the leafs raise their game enough to knock off Wash and then either CBJ/Pitt they would make short work of Montreal IMO. Habs already get the easy route to the East Finals.

If the Pens and Caps are eliminated then that means the Leafs did it, which would make them the favorite.

Habs beat the Presidents trophy Caps then the defending champ Pens, and guess what? Philly didn't care.

If the Leafs somehow managed to get by both of those teams they would be so gassed by round 3 they wouldn't stand a chance.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anaheim is the #4 team so them.

If Calgary beats them the sky is the limit.

Minnesota is actually ahead of Anaheim in points and wins despite a slump in March. Minnesota's goal differential is also more than twice that of Anaheim.

Also not sure what you mean by Anaheim is the #4 team, because they're third in the West and sixth in the league.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Assuming Pens and Caps are out I'd favor whoever comes out of the West. If I had to pick one, I'll go with Anaheim.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Minnesota is actually ahead of Anaheim in points and wins despite a slump in March. Minnesota's goal differential is also more than twice that of Anaheim.

Also not sure what you mean by Anaheim is the #4 team, because they're third in the West and sixth in the league.

I'm guessing a lot of people don't realize that if the Wild and Ducks meet in the conference finals, it's the Wild who have home ice.

Wild are the 2 seed in both their own division, but also in the conference.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
If there's no Pens, Caps or Hawks, it's a total crapshoot imo. It could go any direction.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'm guessing a lot of people don't realize that if the Wild and Ducks meet in the conference finals, it's the Wild who have home ice.

No, I just don't rank teams by points.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Home ice has never meant less IMO. I think most would pick Anaheim over Minnesota.

The Wild are a great regular season team. They don't have the game breaking star talent that virtually every cup winning team has had. They might beat a banged up Blues team but they aren't beating the real contenders like Chicago or Anaheim

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
If Washington and Pittsburgh are both eliminated, it's most likely that Columbus took them both out. So it would be them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad