If Snider steps down do we win a cup?

Unstable

Apr 26, 2006
Exiled in NoVA
I'm not happy that Snider brought Sarah Palin to a game, spends a lot of money on ultra-libertarian theorizing, and a bunch of other stuff including the Bryz signing.

But let's be real here. The dude IS Philadelphia hockey. As far as I'm concerned he can do whatever he wants with himself and with the team for the rest of his life and I will still love him. No room for discussion. God bless him.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
I love what Snider's done for hockey in Philadelphia, and for the Flyers. There's no doubt his heart is in the right place. He does whatever he thinks is necessary for the team to win, and in a lot of ways is everything you could ask for a team owner to be.

But, if he was the driving force behind the reshaping of the 2010 team into the team we saw on the ice this year- and I think he was, although we can't be sure- then I have to wonder if his head is in the right place too.

To answer the question, no, I don't think the team would quickly win a Cup as a direct result of him stepping down. There is a lot of work to do with the current roster.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I love what Snider's done for hockey in Philadelphia, and for the Flyers. There's no doubt his heart is in the right place. He does whatever he thinks is necessary for the team to win, and in a lot of ways is everything you could ask for a team owner to be.

But, if he was the driving force behind the reshaping of the 2010 team into the team we saw on the ice this year- and I think he was, although we can't be sure- then I have to wonder if his head is in the right place too.

To answer the question, no, I don't think the team would quickly win a Cup as a direct result of him stepping down. There is a lot of work to do with the current roster.

I actually believe we only need a few tweaks for this roster to be a contender. Well, one big tweak at goalie, but that's assuming Mason isn't a #1 like he used to be. Otherwise, I think our team will do much better this year. I feel ittt.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
well, those teams built a team properly: through the draft

If our GM/owner did that, then we would probably have a cup by now
It didn't help that Pit hit homeruns with their draft picks, and the Devils had 2 HOF defenseman and a HOF G.

Luck is pretty heavily involved. Lots of teams "build properly" through the draft, and do nothing.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I'm not happy that Snider brought Sarah Palin to a game, spends a lot of money on ultra-libertarian theorizing, and a bunch of other stuff including the Bryz signing.

But let's be real here. The dude IS Philadelphia hockey. As far as I'm concerned he can do whatever he wants with himself and with the team for the rest of his life and I will still love him. No room for discussion. God bless him.
Yes.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I think you guys took my statement out of context I'm not saying hes not a legendary owner I'm just saying if he stepped ddown would it increase our chance at a cup since the gm wouldnt be hassled to trade certain players or what not

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I think you guys took my statement out of context I'm not saying hes not a legendary owner I'm just saying if he stepped ddown would it increase our chance at a cup since the gm wouldnt be hassled to trade certain players or what not

I don't think we know enough about the actual behind the scenes decision making to give an insightful answer, you have your opinions sure....but in reality all of this stuff is fed to us from the Philly Media who I don't trust as far as I can throw.

Snider is a passionate owner, and that's about all that I can objectively say as We don't know what his role really consists of.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't think we know enough about the actual behind the scenes decision making to give an insightful answer, you have your opinions sure....but in reality all of this stuff is fed to us from the Philly Media who I don't trust as far as I can throw.

Snider is a passionate owner, and that's about all that I can objectively say as We don't know what his role really consists of.

We don't know the actual influence he has with decisions but we can infer from his own public statements. It really isn't that hard to read between the lines. He most likely had significant influence in the Carter and Richards trades considering Holmgren was practically in tears explaining the decision, he came out and publically stated that the goalie situation would be fixed and not happen again, he then came out and publically said the coach needed to tighten up his system.....he meddles period! Yeah it's his team and he can do what he wants but he really needs to trust his own leadership. If he doesn't then he should fire them instead of trying to influence their decisions and disempower them. He's lucky with the Carter and Richards trades that Holmgren did a good job netting assets but the Bryz influence has had some pretty bad blowback.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00