If Phoenix gets expansion. Is Murelo the owner?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I thought you couldn’t record it and watch later and couldn’t fast forward through commercials? Like it’s 20 years ago or something. Did they fix that?
If you try to watch it before the game is over you can't FF or rewind. If you wait until the game is over you can watch it within next day or two and FF and rewind. The interface when FFing and rewinding is a little janky.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What a weird thing to be proud of but this is now the second least surprising fact of today.

Everyone remember, come this November, at the end of 2023.
If you cast a vote, and that vote is for Trump, you are casting a vote for the wisdom of Jakey53!
:surrender
I guess Hunter must be your friend, because they way you are talking you are high on something

She wouldn't stop talking. I guess she wears the pants.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Bettman is correct that the situation was bad for the NHL and changes were needed, but he still completely mismanaged the situation.

As a healthcare executive that currently sits on several boards, my guess is this has been a major sore issue for the board for a long time, but because it is a hard problem to solve, they were paralyzed and kept putting off the decision. Then along comes Bettman's buddy Ryan Smith, wining and dining the board, greasing their palms, and likely trashing AM and Phoenix to further undermine confidence, and promising to solve all their problems if only he gets the team in Utah. This has been a sore issue for the board for so long, they rush into a decision to make the problem go away.

This is still a terrible management move but not surprising coming from the NHL. If this was a truly sore issue, they should have acted forcefully in a quicker timeframe (not kept pushing it off), and they should have spent the time required to come up with the best solution, not the quickest, easiest and most convenient. If *I* was in that tough position, as soon as the board lost confidence in AM, they should have forced a sale and made it public, including meeting with and drumming up interest from investors in AZ, which I argue is probably the best market for the team, followed closely by Houston as the second best option. AZ is a great market for sports right now given the large growing population, demographics, the rapid growth of sports gambling/media, and the coyote history here. It really took a lot of stupidity and mistakes in the NHL and AZ ownership to screw this up.
You can't "drum up interest" in a team that no one is interested in.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Looked like balm from wind burn. Assuming he’s a skier?
No idea about sking but he's a big time golfer and took about 20 Coyotes golfing after the meet and greet according to Friedman. Might be just sunburnt lips??

Reactions: Jakey53

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I just wanted to ask about that presser.
And was almost speculating that they cancled it because of a mob or something that would like to have a word with AM in private.
But Arizonians are decent people *sigh*.
You can see it on YouTube .. Craig Morgan had a 1 on 1 scheduled to meet with AM , but AM cancelled it

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Unfortunately he's not wrong. I almost feel bad for him, he looks a bit defeated (much to the delight of some base dwelling zealots) like he absolutely hates this is how it ended up. Tried and tried and tried but the reality is enough was enough, they had to pull the plug.

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting but that kinda sucks! Doesn't that mean they're going to treat AZ as "in the market" for Utah? If that's the case ESPN+ games and Center Ice games are still going to be blacked out.

The BoG does not regret hiring him in the slightest, there's a reason he's been the commish for seemingly forever.

It's hard to hate on Gary, he is our uncle after all.
If Bettman looked defeated, he sure didn’t in Utah. Him and Smith were tapping each other in the back sharing inside jokes . Totally different vibe from him .. almost giddy.

Suprised they are not related.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
All the pieces I love about this team just moved to Utah. If the NHL comes back to Arizona they're going to have to do something to steal me back. It's not a given that they just show up and I'm on board again. No faith in Meruelo or the NHL being back any time soon anyways.
The NHL isn't coming back. I don't care how many times they say this is a great market. It isn't.

You can put whipped cream on a turd, but that don't make it a sundae.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
This screenshot sums up the Valley as a hockey market. My buddy sent me this yesterday.
Screensho.jpg

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
What a weird thing to be proud of but this is now the second least surprising fact of today.

Everyone remember, come this November, at the end of 2023 2024.
If you cast a vote, and that vote is for Trump, you are casting a vote for the wisdom of Jakey53!
:surrender
I am in Canada but there must be a reason a lot of people are polling for Trump.. The Democrats seemed to have went so far left they are starting to come around.the back . Heck even Bill Marr is wondering what’s going on in the Democratic Party, and he is against Trump quite vocally. I think in the States you only have 2 choices so it’s one or the other…

Having said that.. I honestly can’t speak for politics in the states as I don’t subscribe to TV , I only subscribe to Sports, so you who live there would know best.

However in Canada it is becoming unaffordable to live up here .. the price of food skyrocketed.. inflation is high.. They just added another carbon tax which will raise prices further. Some of the laws being passed are absurd, and in the future could be harmful. Most Canadians want a change in government according to polls, and rightfully so. The difference being there are more than 2 choices

I guess my point is .. if people are upset with the current government in the States they only have 1 other person to vote in ? Unless I am mistaken in US politics

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
That screenshot is why IF a team ever comes back here they should rebrand fully. New look, new vibes. Attract attention as a brand new ost lost NHL hockey for lothing that WONT be a failure like it was last time.
Disagree. Most anyone who would buy a ticket will feel nostalgic for the Coyotes. We all know it was due to a series of lousy owners that we lost this up and coming roster, and lost NHL hockey for at least a few years.

Rebranding won’t instill more faith in AM.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Disagree. Most anyone who would buy a ticket will feel nostalgic for the Coyotes. We all know it was due to a series of lousy owners that we lost this up and coming roster, and lost NHL hockey for at least a few years.

Rebranding won’t instill mor faith in AM.
No, it's nearly three decades of no one in the Valley giving a rat's tail if they were here or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad