If Ovechkin scores tonight he'll hit 2 more impressive milestones!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Ovechkin is an absolute monster - so glad he won his Cup and Conn Smythe last year.

I wish our generation could have appreciated him and Crosby more, instead of pinning them against each other and tearing them down.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
So we're going to get a rematch of the Cup final tonight when Ovechkin takes on Vegas. Ovechkin still doesn't have a regular season goal against Vegas and if he manages to score he'll have at least a goal against all the other 30 teams in the League.

But what would be even more impressive is the fact that Ovechkin would tie the late great Bobby Hull in career goals with 610. If Ovechkin scores he would also do it in 57 regular season games less than Bobby Hull did, which would be a hard pill to swollow for most on the history board. This would pretty much end any discussion of Bobby Hull being a better all time player and goal scorer than Ovechkin.

And seeing as Ovechkin has been on fire to start the season and Vegas has been letting in goals left and right, there's a very good chance we're going to see Ovechkin have another historic night tonight!
*57 games fewer

No need for grammatical inaccuracy

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Yes it does. Ovechkin is better at everything and is the player you would want on your team today if you wanted to maximize your chance at winning a hockey game. That is a fact. Move along.

Well what a wondrous opinion and such an open minded method of communicating that with others.

I suspect the vast majority of experienced real hockey fans would differ with you. Lesser experienced fans tend to get swept into glitzy dazzle. More experienced fans understand the intricacies and nuances of the game which sways the learning curve they are undergoing to not quite grasp the complete picture.

Obviously I not commenting on you in particular as I do not know your level but this gives you the opportunity re-think your stance.

edit : typo

Last edited:

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Well what a wondrous opinion and such a open minded method of communicating that with others.

I suspect the vast majority of experienced real hockey fans would differ with you. Lesser experienced fans tend to get swept into glitzy dazzle. More experienced fans understand the intricacies and nuances of the game which sways the learning curve they are undergoing to not quite grasp the complete picture.

Obviously I not commenting on you in particular as I do not know your level but this gives you the opportunity re-think your stance.
Are only experienced fans real?

mitchdisaster

Threadkiller
Jan 30, 2007
The Superheater
Well what a wondrous opinion and such a open minded method of communicating that with others.

This is the kind of pretentious bullshit that makes "a vast majority of experienced hockey fans" unbearable. If you think that any of the modern stars are better than the old stars, you must be unlearned, or a fanboy. GTFO here with this.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
*57 games fewer

latest

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Ovi > Bobby Hull. Ovi is the greatest goal scorer of any generation and one we clearly haven't appreciated enough in his career.

If you by that mean that he should be ranked quite a bit above Crosby all time I would say that I am inclined to agree. If that's not what you are saying I don't know what you are saying.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Is that Ryan Miller in the Beige Van post?

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Bobby Hull

610 NHL goals
303 WHA goals
913 Total

No knock on the Great 8. But OP isn't putting any consideration into those WHA goals Bobby scored.

Reactions: Fantomas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad