If (Or when) the Coyotes are awarded the 1st overall pick in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't think the Coyotes will be bad enough to get the top pick in 2023. They're going to get Shane Wright and he'll do enough to keep them out of that pick.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They're likely to be better than the Leafs as they haven't blown their cap on forwards who don't backcheck and a defenseman who can't play defence.
:laugh: Of course not they struggle to make the floor.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Bedard will be younger, cheaper, under control longer and eventually better than Matthews so probably not

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Did you mean

Houston Rockets ?

The Rockets are the name of the basketball team so you can't use that.
How about the Houston Chupacabra?
It continues with the theme of abstract legendary monster of folklore (like Kraken, Predators, Wild).

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
The Rockets are the name of the basketball team so you can't use that.
How about the Houston Chupacabra?
It continues with the theme of abstract legendary monster of folklore (like Kraken, Predators, Wild).

What if the owner of the Rockets wants to name the hockey team Rockets too ?

Reactions: hotcabbagesoup

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I'm betting Matthews can hardly sleep in anticipation.

On the contrary, he's sleeping like a baby dreaming about it. Besides he still lives in Arizona in the offseason, and he throws house parties there.

151209.jpg

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
If they feel like he won't extend in TO maybe. Even then there would have to be more involved cause AM is worth far more than a first overall draft pick. So much more and it doesn't even matter how good Bedard could be.

2 Years of Matthews is not worth ELC Bedard, who might actually become a better player.

On the contrary, he's sleeping like a baby dreaming about it. Besides he still lives in Arizona in the offseason, and he throws house parties there.

151209.jpg

Haha the irony if he had Coyotes PJ's.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Why would the Leafs trade a legitimate top ten superstar for one that might become one? If they're trading Matthews, it's for known assets, not a lottery ticket.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
If I may, this is me twisting years of "Lecavalier to Montreal" and "Stamkos to Toronto"

Ask me if I'm bitter bruh
A bit different though, isn't it? Toronto and Montreal have always been able to offer players things the Coyotes just can't. Greater financial opportunities and organizational stability for example. If Matthews had grown up a Bruins or Rangers fan, you'd have a point.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
2 Years of Matthews is not worth ELC Bedard, who might actually become a better player.

Haha the irony if he had Coyotes PJ's.
If Matthews wants to be in Arizona he is. It's not like Arizona is going to be capped out at any point with either Matthews new contract or Bedard's post ELC assuming he comes as advertised. The whole "might become" part is exactly why Matthews is worth far more than a single draft pick. At least in my opinion anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad