Speculation: If not Regier than who?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Could have Feaster..or worse Tambellini...

Definitely worse options out there than DR

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He built that current team, thats better than ours, from nothing. I'd be cool with burkie

Burke? Blech. As I said on page 1, **** Burke. The Ducks team was largerly built by others and he failed in both Vancouver and Toronto.

Ferguson drafted guys like Kulemin, Komarov, Frattin, Gunnarson and people aren't exactly lining up to put his name into any hats for the next GM anywhere.

Hextall and Nill remain the two guys I'm most interested in seeing here.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Burke? Blech. As I said on page 1, **** Burke. The Ducks team was largerly built by others and he failed in both Vancouver and Toronto.

Ferguson drafted guys like Kulemin, Komarov, Frattin, Gunnarson and people aren't exactly lining up to put his name into any hats for the next GM anywhere.

Hextall and Nill remain the two guys I'm most interested in seeing here.

So you dont give him credit in Vancouver for bringing in their core of the Sedins, Kesler ect..

You dont give him credit in Anaheim for putting his team over the top with some very good trades.

You dont give him credit for being patient with Kadri, making the Lupul and Gardiner trade, stocking the prospect pool and making that great JVR trade in Toronto.

Burke built that Leafs team from nearly top to bottom.

Right after Burke left TOR and VAN they became playoff teams, from his footprint, and he has a Stanley Cup ring with Anaheim.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
He built that current team, thats better than ours, from nothing. I'd be cool with burkie

Toronto wouldn't make the playoffs, in all likelihood, if the season went 82 games. They're beating the percentages right now with both a very high shooting% and a high SV%, and they're a terrible possession team--as evidence, they're just behind Washington and Tampa, and ahead of only Buffalo, CBJ, and Edmonton. This is the first year the Leafs have been better than the Sabres since the first lockout, so spare me the "I wish we were Toronto" talk.

Yes, Burke's more bombastic than Regier, but I don't care about that. You know who else makes bold trades? Paul Holmgren. And he decimated a Cup contender with "bold" trades. But for Burke's Kessel trade, they'd likely have Seguin and Dougie Hamilton, and they could've signed in UFA a 35-goal scorer, one-way player like Kessel. And, as Chain pointed out, most of their young contributors weren't even drafted by Burke.

In short, **** Burke, get someone else.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
So you dont give him credit in Vancouver for bringing in their core of the Sedins, Kesler ect..

You dont give him credit in Anaheim for putting his team over the top with some very good trades.

You dont give him credit for being patient with Kadri, making the Lupul and Gardiner trade, stocking the prospect pool and making that great JVR trade in Toronto.

Burke built that Leafs team from nearly top to bottom.

Right after Burke left TOR and VAN they became playoff teams, from his footprint, and he has a Stanley Cup ring with Anaheim.

I caution you about Vancouver....many feel he would have given up on guys like Kesler and the Sedins because it took them so long to develop into the players they are now.

Nonis deserves a lot of credit for what happened in Vancouver. He stuck with the current core when everyone else wanted them gone for great players like Ollie Jokenin

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00