Line Combos: IF Nash, Dom Moore and Pyatt were healthy vs NJ, what are your lines?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Barring injury and with this system we are going to have a very fun top 9 to watch when Nash returns

Now if only miller could put 2 good games together and force his way into staying in the top 9 well that's be great

A miller brassard Callahan line would be fun to watch

Apr 10, 2012
kreider/stepan/zucc
hags/richards/nash
pouliot/brass/cally
boyle/moore/dorsett

let miller develop some more in the a

mti79

May 11, 2007
Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Pouilot-Brassard-nash
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Pyatt as the extra when healthy, Mashinter if he's not.

Keep SKZ together as long as they're producing. Same with RHC. Let Nash build himself back into shape on the 3rd line and PP time. Best case scenario we get a 3rd line that clicks. Otherwise you can move Nash up if we need a push. Boyle and Moore are interchangeable to me as C/LW. They're both good defensively and good on the draw. Dorsett brings energy and forechecking as long as he stays out of the box.

I'd rather Miller get top 6 minutes in Hartford this year and then have him ready for an expanded role later in the season if needed.

Apr 10, 2012
Why do people keep wanting Nash and Richards?

personally i want nash with hagelin and i don't want to break up the top line. brass with nash is the only other real option and brass doesn't look where he should be right now. richards is pulling his weight

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Pouilot-Brassard-nash
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Pyatt as the extra when healthy, Mashinter if he's not.

Keep SKZ together as long as they're producing. Same with RHC. Let Nash build himself back into shape on the 3rd line and PP time. Best case scenario we get a 3rd line that clicks. Otherwise you can move Nash up if we need a push. Boyle and Moore are interchangeable to me as C/LW. They're both good defensively and good on the draw. Dorsett brings energy and forechecking as long as he stays out of the box.

I'd rather Miller get top 6 minutes in Hartford this year and then have him ready for an expanded role later in the season if needed.

That's exactly the lineup I'd use!

Bardof425*

Kreider Stepan Zucc
Hagelin Brassard Nash
Richards Miller Callahan
Boyle/Pouliot Moore Dorsett

If Miller proves unready then I'd put Richie back in the middle with Hags and Cally and Have Brass center Nash and Pouliot.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Kreider Stepan Zucc
Hagelin Brassard Nash
Richards Miller Callahan
Boyle/Pouliot Moore Dorsett

If Miller proves unready then I'd put Richie back in the middle with Hags and Cally and Have Brass center Nash and Pouliot.
Why not move Boyle into that spot?

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Why do people keep wanting Nash and Richards?

It'd be nice if the two have chemistry but they don't, hags has had chemistry with Richards lately and has had chemistry with Nash in the past it'd be nice if all three hag chemistry with each other but well see if that happens and if AV tries hags on his off wing

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don't see why the rangers would send-down miller. I'd keep him in the lineup and bench pouliot. Mashinter can go to the minors. Pyatt and Pouliot are nice flexible veteran inexpensive spare forwards. Mashinter, Fast, Kristo are the next callups if needed.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Once Nash gets into regular rotation.

Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Pouilot-Brassard-Callahan
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

The only reason i have boyle there is because AV won't pick Miller over him.

Richy wasn't the same beaver last year so anything comparing with him and nash that year is irrelevant.

NYR90

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Yakupov:sarcasm:-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Brassard-Nash
Pyatt/Mash-Moore-Dorsett

McD-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Schultz

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I don't see why the rangers would send-down miller. I'd keep him in the lineup and bench pouliot. Mashinter can go to the minors. Pyatt and Pouliot are nice flexible veteran inexpensive spare forwards. Mashinter, Fast, Kristo are the next callups if needed.

Because playing 20+ minutes a night, on the powerplay and penalty kill in Hartford is a lot more valuable than the 8 minutes he got on Sunday.

Say what u want about him scoring the other night but be hasn't been all that good this season, he started off with strong play in his own zone that kept his head above water, now he's not making good decisions defensively and hasn't contributed much at all offensively.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Some of these young guys learn a lot more in the NHL from watching other vets and practicing with them. We also should put the best team on the ice possible. I think Millers combination of speed and size has given the team more of an edge than some low production vets. I'd consider letting him stay unless he looks out classed.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Some of these young guys learn a lot more in the NHL from watching other vets and practicing with them. We also should put the best team on the ice possible. I think Millers combination of speed and size has given the team more of an edge than some low production vets. I'd consider letting him stay unless he looks out classed.

He sure hasn't been using that speed and size to his or the teams advantage, like Kreider although millers not nearly as fast. He's also looked outmatched when fighting for the puck in corners or when trying to take the body in the defensive zone, kid needs to go develop in Hartford.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Obviously Pyatt still isn't healthy, but with Nash and D. Moore back and the interesting lineup AV put together today, I figured I'd use this thread to repeat what I said in the GDT:

You know, with Nash on the left, AV saying Miller is going to get games on the road trip, Miller preferring to play the RW, and Pouliot playing like, well, you know... could we soon be looking at the following?

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Brassard-Miller
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

I would LOVE that lineup. Thoughts?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Obviously Pyatt still isn't healthy, but with Nash and D. Moore back and the interesting lineup AV put together today, I figured I'd use this thread to repeat what I said in the GDT:

You know, with Nash on the left, AV saying Miller is going to get games on the road trip, Miller preferring to play the RW, and Pouliot playing like, well, you know... could we soon be looking at the following?

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Brassard-Miller
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

I would LOVE that lineup. Thoughts?

i have been saying this for a week. for some reason people want miller in the a getting top 6 min instead of him in the nhl getting top 9 min. kid is ready. he is a good defender, uses his body, goes to the net, will chip in a few goals. more importantly he can kill penilities ( which pouliot doesn't do) and he can learn from players like cally, hagelin, and kreider. the benefits of having him up with the big club far out weigh sending him down for more seasoning. its all a moot point anyway. once pyatt comes back that's his roster spot because of the gigantic mancrush AV has for him. that's when miller goes down. the only hope is that miller plays so well on that line he forces AV to keep him there. but he cannot get the chance from the press box while the numbskull pouliot is taking his ice time.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Nash-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Brassard-Dorsett
Boyle-Moore-Pouliot

Worth a shot

Kreider is a beast that might be able to breathe some life into Callahan, and Nash assumedly has better hands than Kreider at present to bury the passes thats being sent around.

Brassard got jump in him again, hope he'll continue to improve in the next game

Last edited:

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Richards game has fallen off lately. He looked much, much better at wing. I think moving him back could really pay dividends.

Richards-Brassard-Nash
Hagelin-Boyle-Callahan
Dorsett-Moore-Pouliot

The one problem with this would be Boyle manning the third line because he's just flat out not a good enough distributor to make the best out of Hagelin and Callahan. It would be a perfectly fine grind line but a playmaker at center would really help there. A rental that could pass would be more than okay.

Either way, what we rolled out last game worked and we should continue with it. We dominated the puck against a team known for dominating the puck. In fact, that's why we lost to them in the playoffs last year.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-Callahan
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

That third line might struggle, but it is IMO worth it to have a line to get Nash into as many scoring chances as possible. We can't compromise our best scorer just so Callahan can have good linemates, it doesn't work like that.

Hagelin-Brassard-Pouliot dominated possession against the Bruins, wouldn't it be nice if Nash was on the line that dominated the most? Maybe we score more than one goal if that is the case...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad