Rumor: If Malkin were to leave Pitt, he would go to Mtl or NYR

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
That's one big IF!!!

Malkin I doubt get's move and if the Penguins do I would have a feeling a 1st pick overall would be in the discussions. I can see them in 2 years offering Malkin to the team with the #1 pick and take Connor McDavid

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Can I ask....why?

The answer is pretty obvious. Ironman vs Malkin is a no-contest.

iron-man-2_08db1953.jpg

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
We have Galchenyuk to be our Malkin.

The more, the better.

In all seriousness, Galchenyuk is my favourite player, but for him to reach the level of Malkin is unrealistic. Malkin's 1st 3 seasons were all respectively 85, 106 and 113 points. Galchenyuk's raw talent is nowhere near Malkin's skillset. Where Galchenyuk excels is his 2-way play. The kid is very well rounded already at his age. I prefer to have a lower expectation in terms of production for Galchenyuk. IMO, if he can be a 70-80 points, 2-way center that shows up in the playoffs, we have ourselves a franchise cornerstone.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
The more, the better.

In all seriousness, Galchenyuk is my favourite player, but for him to reach the level of Malkin is unrealistic. Malkin's 1st 3 seasons were all respectively 85, 106 and 113 points. Galchenyuk's raw talent is nowhere near Malkin's skillset. Where Galchenyuk excels is his 2-way play. The kid is very well rounded already at his age. I prefer to have a lower expectation in terms of production for Galchenyuk. IMO, if he can be a 70-80 points, 2-way center that shows up in the playoffs, we have ourselves a franchise cornerstone.
Malkin also didn't play on the third line on his first 3 seasons. Put Galch on the first line center, he could be getting a point per game as early as this season. There's no doubt that if Edmonton could've predicted his minor-league numbers during the lock out, AND 2013's numbers, then they would've chosen him 1st overall. Yakupov is OK but its not that hard to find a winger that can score 20-30 goals on the first 2 lines..

Not saying that Galchenyuk going 1st overall would make any difference on his skill level though. After this year i'd say lets put him on the first line center. Assuming DD and Plek are traded, Eller will be 2nd line center and De La Rose will be third line... (don't want plek to go but management would likely choose eller over him cuz eller is young... Plek should be our next captain if he stays)

Last edited:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Jacques Martin + Evegeni Malkin

vs

Michel Therrien + Brian Gionta + 10 new rinks in Pittsburgh

What, I heard a coach was traded in the NBA

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I think he said it in a way that $9.5mil cap hit can get you several players instead of spending that giant space on one ya know.

You can get a pretty good second line with $9.5mil. Heck, even the Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher line is worth just HALF of that..

What do you think their combined contracts will amount to in a couple of years? I'd say in excess of $9.5M whereas Malkin's would remain constant.

By the way, I think you're underestimating Yakupov.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
That still doesn't change the fact that Malkin is staying.

Sorry to jump on your forum, Montreal fans.

hey no worries man.. your right, and we all know Malkin ain't going anywhere .. its just the boring ass days of summer and everyone's responding to daydreams & rumors to try and keep entertained. and like a lot of people here have said, I also would not be willing to give up what it would cost for him any ways .. and especially not PK, Galchenyuk ++ like has been suggested.
further more don't waste your time with guys like HabsRockbruinschoke... ppl like that are obvious trolls and do not represent true hab fans as he has what like 18 posts and not a single one makes sense or contains any real hockey knowledge or insight what so ever.. in fact I believe 99% of his posts re just arguing with people.. so ya give up on that lost cause.

Edit:
Wait, wait, Post #18 just above. that post has a point I actually kind agree with.. but hey, its like they say about broken clocks, right? lol still don't make up for the rest of this guys absolute drivel.

Last edited:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Denis Savard, Gomez, Briere, Malkin in 2022...

Montreal, where over the hill stars come to die!

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Then we trade him to Philadelphia for Lecavalier and HFBoards implodes, lol.

:laugh:

Thanks for making me spit out my beer.

whoopee ****ing dooo. it's like the married hot chick who told you she'd bang you if she was single

I think it's more like she'd consider banging either you or your friend 10 years from now if any of you are still single and looking (and desperate).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad