Rumor: If Malkin were to leave Pitt, he would go to Mtl or NYR

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I would do Malkin for Pacioretty/Collberg/Beaulieu/1st 2014 / 1st 2015 , but I still think Pittsburgh keeps Malkin , players like him don't come very often.

Galchenyuk - Malkin - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Briere
Desharnais - Eller - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
Malkin for Pacioretty/Collberg/Beaulieu/1st 2014 / 1st 2015.

Galchenyuk - Malkin - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Briere
Desharnais - Eller - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen
Galchenyuk and DD are centers... Galch is probably gona be a winger for another yr then hes gona be one of top 2 center. That's why he would be great as part of the trade deal since Pitt will also need a second line center to replace Malkin.

They won't need Patches when they have Kunitz, Jokinen, and Neal..

Eller also wants to be a top 2 center, we can't keep him on the wing or third line forever, he should be dealt too.

DD is our third line center

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I'm sure you guys are bored like us Pittsburgh fans, but Malkin isn't going anywhere. You'd have to blow up your entire roster to get him anyway. It's like us trying to get Taylor Hall and Eberle for a draft pick.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
I'm sure you guys are bored like us Pittsburgh fans, but Malkin isn't going anywhere. You'd have to blow up your entire roster to get him anyway. It's like us trying to get Taylor Hall and Eberle for a draft pick.
Blowing up $18mil on 2 centers might not be a good idea ya know, especially when the one thats getting paid more is getting less minutes than Crosby...

Malkin is a possibility, his value will drop unless if he can consistently get 40-50 goals and 100 points for the next 5 seasons (VERY difficult to do), so it would be a good idea for Pitt to trade him. And we wouldn't need to give up as much as you think.

It's all about winning the cup for all teams, and for Pitt, their D has been holding them back. So Subban being part of the deal will pretty much take the bulk, and then we'll throw in Galchenyuk (who should've been a 1st pick if his injuries never occured) to cover your 2nd line center at a much lower cost, and Beaulieu to deepen ur D-prospect pool.

Those 3 players are pretty good for Malkin...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Galchenyuk and DD are centers... Galch is probably gona be a winger for another yr then hes gona be one of top 2 center. That's why he would be great as part of the trade deal since Pitt will also need a second line center to replace Malkin.

They won't need Patches when they have Kunitz, Jokinen, and Neal..

Eller also wants to be a top 2 center, we can't keep him on the wing or third line forever, he should be dealt too.

DD is our third line center

If Desharnais is in your top 6 as a C you're in trouble , of course Eller will need an increased role , but my lineup was if we acquired Malkin..

That being said I think our lineup will be this moving forward :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
Bourque - Desharnais - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen/Parros

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Tinordi
Diaz - Bouillon
Drew

or

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Tinordi
Bouillon/Drew

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Blowing up $18mil on 2 centers might not be a good idea ya know, especially when the one thats getting paid more is getting less minutes than Crosby...

Malkin is a possibility, his value will drop unless if he can consistently get 40-50 goals and 100 points for the next 5 seasons (VERY difficult to do), so it would be a good idea for Pitt to trade him. And we wouldn't need to give up as much as you think.

It's all about winning the cup for all teams, and for Pitt, their D has been holding them back. So Subban being part of the deal will pretty much take the bulk, and then we'll throw in Galchenyuk (who should've been a 1st pick if his injuries never occured) to cover your 2nd line center at a much lower cost, and Beaulieu to deepen ur D-prospect pool.

Those 3 players are pretty good for Malkin...

Sarcasm? They're two of the top three players in the world. We have a deep d-prospect pool. We have too many.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
Sarcasm? They're two of the top three players in the world. We have a deep d-prospect pool. We have too many.
That's you're opinion, theres no technical system that proves that they're the top 2 right now.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ovy is one of the top 2 right now since he has 3 harts and is looking like he can get a 4th one.

You can think that Crosby and Malkin are the top 2, i'll think that Ovy and Thomas are the top 2, Crosby could get 40 points in 82 games next year, who knows, theres no concrete status on whos the best because results change every season and every game.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
That's you're opinion, theres no technical system that proves that they're the top 2 right now.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ovy is one of the top 2 right now since he has 3 harts and is looking like he can get a 4th one.

You can think that Crosby and Malkin are the top 2, i'll think that Ovy and Thomas are the top 2, Crosby could get 40 points in 82 games next year, who knows, theres no concrete status on whos the best because results change every season and every game.

That still doesn't change the fact that Malkin is staying.

Sorry to jump on your forum, Montreal fans.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
If Desharnais is in your top 6 as a C you're in trouble , of course Eller will need an increased role , but my lineup was if we acquired Malkin..

That being said I think our lineup will be this moving forward :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
Bourque - Desharnais - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen/Parros

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Tinordi
Diaz - Bouillon
Drew

or

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Tinordi
Bouillon/Drew
Tinordi still has to prove for a spot in the roster. Your top 4 d-men are a lock + Bouillon (don't care how many ppl here think hes washed up, hes pretty solid for a 39 yr old and one of the very few tough guys we have) so the last 6th spot will be between Diaz, Tinordi, and Beaulieu. Diaz makes too many dumb plays and doesn't have the best chemistry with the team, which is why I want him not resigned.

Also you guys gotta stop thinking that Tinordi is a tough guy, hes not. Prust or Bouillon could take him easily, maybe even White. Hes 6'7 but 212lbs... that means hes SKINNY not tough, yeah he could be a decent physical presence but if you think he's gona add more grit than Bouillon than you're crazy.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Love the arrogance! (this thread just gives you a chance to boast about your Malkin...good for you! keep your Malkin).

You can read some of the posts...some were saying they don't want Malkin 'cause the price is too much and not sure about him in 4-5 seasons from now.
(Tampa Bay thought Lecavalier would be good for so long...so much for that!).
And most Hab fans were offering way more than a ''draft pick'' like you so eloquently put it.

You can keep your Malkin and we'll keep our Galchenyuk and/or PK Subban, Tinordi, 1st Rnd pick, 2nd Rnd pick,etc...

I'd rather spread the wealth throughout the lineup and be a more balanced team (ex: Chicago, Boston...).

Last edited:

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Love the arrogance! (this thread just gives you a chance to boast about your Malkin...good for you! keep your Malkin).

You can read some of the posts...some were saying they don't want Malkin 'cause the price is too much and not sure about him in 4-5 seasons from now.
(Tampa Bay thought Lecavalier would be good for so long...so much for that!).
And most Hab fans were offering way more than a ''draft pick'' like you so eloquently put it.

You can keep your Malkin and we'll keep our Galchenyuk and/or PK Subban, Tinordi, 1st Rnd pick, 2nd Rnd pick,etc...

I'd rather spread the wealth throughout the lineup and be a more balanced team (ex: Chicago, Boston...).

I wasn't coming her to boast about Malkin. I was trying to say that it's pointless to offer that. I guess you can't read into it to see that though. I wasn't coming here to start an argument or anything. I never go on other boards.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I wasn't coming her to boast about Malkin. He pissed me off last year...greatly. Chill out...

Arrogance: coming to a Hab boards and telling Hab fans that they'd have to blow up their entire roster to get Malkin (ain't gonna happen) and writing ''We have a deep d-prospect pool. We have too many'', and then writing ''chill out'' (hip-hop arrogant trash talk). Stay on the Pens Board where you can tell Pen fans to chill out all day, all night long.

Cheers.

p.s.: and if Malkin pissed you off last year...why didn't you mention that before in your first post here... only now you mention that? If you didn't come here to boast about Malkin...why did you come here? to tell everyone we'd have to blow up our entire roster (and I totally disagree). I'd rather have 3-4 good, young players VS one superstar who may go downhill in less than 5 seasons from now (ex: Lecavalier).

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I wasn't coming her to boast about Malkin. I was trying to say that it's pointless to offer that. I guess you can't read into it to see that though. I wasn't coming here to start an argument or anything. I never go on other boards.

No problem. Sometimes the late night crowd is hillbilly on moonshine

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Pen fan coming here to write this?! If that's not boasting...what's boasting?
(and worse...he comes here to a Hab Boards to do it...why not boast on your Pens' Board about how deep your prospect pool is). Stay there and ''chill out''.

p.s.: ''I never go on other boards''...you're doing it right now!

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

You're right...it's good you came here to point this out (you're not boasting at all). Might as well end the thread, so some people here can ''chill out'' (says the Pen fan who never goes to other boards but was too tempted to come here and not boast about his Malkin and many good Pen prospects, so many that he thinks Pitts won't need any Hab prospects).

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
My reaction when reading this :
Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Sure....just like Vinny said he would love to play for the Habs if he wasn't a lighting...

But even if this is true Malkin choose to re-sign with Pitts and they aren't moving him.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
The interview also says as per Geno's father, Dallas offered or was preparing to offer Geno a big contract. Interesting how since that would be tampering as Geno was not a UFA, just merely negotiating a contract extension. I think Papa Geno was just looking for some media attention and not really thinking about what he was saying. Although, I think going to NY would be a good move for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad