If Kingston was our farm team location...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Binghamton is a lot better than some of the previous destinations for the baby sens such as PEI (played before the Confederation Bridge was completed).

Ain't that the truth. I seem to remember Grand Rapids being no picnic either.

I like Bingo. Close enough to get not only to Ottawa in case of a recall, but many other teams in our own division + Atlantic division in case a quick recall on the road is necessary.

Good city in terms of fan support, too. No complaints.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Ew Kingston!

Where is this rumour coming from or is it just random thought?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
It was just how i thought our jerseys would look if the farm team was in Kingston instead of Bingo.

No rumours. Just showing my idea for a name and jersey.

DonthaveaCOWEN

Jul 29, 2010
It was just how i thought our jerseys would look if the farm team was in Kingston instead of Bingo.

No rumours. Just showing my idea for a name and jersey.

LOVE the K jersey concept, concept of B-Sens playing in Leaf territory not so much

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Fronts2_zps01d3ec75.png

Made these too.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
LOVE the K jersey concept, concept of B-Sens playing in Leaf territory not so much

I spent a lot of time in Kingston over the last 3 years, and I was actually surprised how much support there is for the Sens in the bars and on the streets. Maybe it's since Queens draws many Ottawa-based students and the youngsters who grew up Sens fans are now in college. Also, Sportsnet East in a normal cable station (at least when I was there) and therefore Sens games were aired on a regular basis.

I would get a kick out of having the farm team in Kingston. Then again, Bingo blew my socks off during the Calder. I can't say I've been down there for a reg season game though.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I mean, B-Sens games are $19, but Frontenacs tickets are $3 more?

How does that make sense?? It costs considerably more to run an AHL franchise than it does an OHL one.

I must be missing something.

It's obvious everything costs more in Canada, doesn't it?

But ya, Kingston is a puck of a lot closer than Binghampton to catch a game! :yo:

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
I spent a lot of time in Kingston over the last 3 years, and I was actually surprised how much support there is for the Sens in the bars and on the streets. Maybe it's since Queens draws many Ottawa-based students and the youngsters who grew up Sens fans are now in college. Also, Sportsnet East in a normal cable station (at least when I was there) and therefore Sens games were aired on a regular basis.

I would get a kick out of having the farm team in Kingston. Then again, Bingo blew my socks off during the Calder. I can't say I've been down there for a reg season game though.

You should come down, crowds have been very good this year. Had a packed house on New Years Eve and a few come from behind wins have had the loud and proud barn rocking this season.

It's obvious everything costs more in Canada, doesn't it?

But ya, Kingston is a puck of a lot closer than Binghampton to catch a game! :yo:

Sure is, I'm still trying to find Binghampton myself!

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
You should come down, crowds have been very good this year. Had a packed house on New Years Eve and a few come from behind wins have had the loud and proud barn rocking this season.

You're just selling out because of he 5 goal free Sausage McMuffin's.

I kid I kid....kinda

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
My original question was going to be whether or not Kingston residents would be able to stomach AHL ticket prices...

... then I saw that game-day Fronts tickets cost $22.

Is that normal OHL ticket prices, or am I crazy in thinking that's high?

Fronts tickets are only $20 if you buy them in advance.

For comparison -

67's tickets at the gate range from $19-$24.50. You save $3 buying in advance
Petes tickets range from $10 (for the upper bowl at the north end) to $27.45 (Tickets are $20 where we sit when we go).
Generals tickets range from $18.25 to $30.50 in advance and $20-$32 at the gate
Bulls tickets are $17.50

Knights tickets are $18.75
Greyhounds are $16.59
Sting tickets are $20

In the Q,

Hull tickets are $17 at the gate, or in advance
Foreurs tickets are $15 ($10 for the upper bowl)
Huskies tickets are $15
Voltigeurs tickets are $15
Armada tickets go for $16, $21, or $25 depending on where you sit
Phoenix tickets are $15

Halifax tickets are $15.75 for the lower bowl
Remparts tickets are $14.50
Titan tickets are $16
Screaming Eagles tickets are $15.50

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Did you include the latest service charge they added this season?

An insider said it was someones great idea to add it without including in the displayed price. People were/are pissed.

Do they charge that extra fee if you buy them at the ticket office?

I've never been to a game in Kingston, but everywhere else I've been I've managed to avoid 'service charges' by buying my tickets over the phone and picking them up at will call. The odd time that I go to a 67's game, I always go to their office well in advance and buy my tickets in person.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
They charge you a "convenience fee" (which is a different fee) whether you buy them at the box office or on the computer.

The fee I am talking about is new.
It has to do with the fact the Fronts did not make as much money last season as they were projected to. The city is in for a lot with the new arena and are being douches when it comes to making the arena profitable. So they added an extra $2 to every ticket. Student tickets are only $13 or $14, but I end up paying $17 after fee's.

This year should be better, the attendance is up over a thousand people per game more this year than last. They will still charge those dumb fees even if they sell out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad