If karlsson retired today, Would you still place him as the best sens player ever?

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
If he retired today Alfie still has it. However 2 or 3 more seasons like this last one and he has argument.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
He has surpassed Alfie. He's never had anything close to the team Alfie had in his prime.

This. He is the best Ottawa Senators player. Multiple Norris, more Norris finalist noms, face of the franchise already. Alfie had better teams and did squat until Muckler threatened to trade him for Craig Conroy. Karlsson is a self-starter. Karlsson, definitely.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Best player: Karlsson
Greatest player: Alfie

Kinda how I feel about Thornton/Marleau. Although every year the gap closes and it's incredibly small now. Can relate to Sens but it's gonna be harder if Karlsson plays there another decade.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Yea of course, Karlsson is already an all time great at his position. How many players have won multiple norris trophies? Sentimentality and longevity aside, it's clear cut. He's by far the best sens player ever, but who has done the most for the sens is a different story.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Best is pretty nebulous. Is he the highest quality player? I would argue yes by a long shot. But I would bet many Sens fans would have a hard time placing him above Alfredsson for his longevity, leadership, and being the face of the franchise for 15 years.

Those 03-08 Sens always felt like a big deal and Alfredsson was a huge reason why.

member 157595

Considering only the modern Ottawa Senators...

From a rival fan's perspective, Alfredsson is the greatest Ottawa Senator, while Karlsson is the best player to play for the Senators, if that makes sense.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Considering only the modern Ottawa Senators...

From a rival fan's perspective, Alfredsson is the greatest Ottawa Senator, while Karlsson is the best player to play for the Senators, if that makes sense.

I think this seems to be what the majority of people are saying. Karlsson has the highest peak of any Senators player, but if you take entire career Alfredsson still is more important to the franchise. He was the face of the team during the best years the team has had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad