If karlsson retired today, Would you still place him as the best sens player ever?

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Would you still place him as the best sens player ever? Or does Alfie still take the cake? Other teams' fans please chime in, I love non sens fans' input the most!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Would you still place him as the best sens player ever? Or does Alfie still take the cake? Other teams' fans please chime in, I love non sens fans' input the most!

Karlsson will be remembered as the first Dman who lost the Norris to strategic voting from the media.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Alfredsson>>>>Karlsson

Because Alfie was carrying the team for years and he played on some terrible teams with superstars like Shawn McEachern. He got so much slack about being a choker in the playoffs early as a captain and then beast mode Alfie came out.

Karlsson would have had a case but guess what Penguins were NOT losing that game 7 OT. I told you guys. However if they lost, Karlsson would have a case as the Preds wouldn't beat the Sens.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Karlsson is the best player to have ever played on the Sens, while Alfie has had the distinction of taking the team further, consistently being the team's best player and leader through highs and lows. Alfie's legacy and history with the team still has him at number 1. When the skilled but soft Sens were getting manhandled by the more physical Leafs, Alfie was always the constant threat for Ottawa, playing gritty hockey despite adversity.

As I don't expect Karlsson to retire anytime soon, I believe it will not be too long before he gets the undisputed best Sens title.

As a player, Karlsson is on a different class, and that's no slight to Alfie.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Karlsson is the best player to have ever played on the Sens, while Alfie has had the distinction of taking the team further, consistently being the team's best player and leader through highs and lows. Alfie's legacy and history with the team still has him at number 1. When the skilled but soft Sens were getting manhandled by the more physical Leafs, Alfie was always the constant threat for Ottawa, playing gritty hockey despite adversity.

As I don't expect Karlsson to retire anytime soon, I believe it will not be too long before he gets the undisputed best Sens title.

As a player, Karlsson is on a different class, and that's no slight to Alfie.

Not in the playoffs. If Karlsson did this in game 7 vs Pens we could revisit it

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Talent wise? Yes.

Impact to the franchise due to talent and longevity? Nah. That's Alfie.

This.

He's definitely the most talented player drafted by the senators. Top3 players drafted by the Sens imo are Karlsson Yashin and Alfie. Alfie however is st the top in terms of greatest Sen of all time.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This.

He's definitely the most talented player drafted by the senators. Top3 players drafted by the Sens imo are Karlsson Yashin and Alfie. Alfie however is st the top in terms of greatest Sen of all time.

How about Daigle though? Great rookie year just no desire to improve.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005

Please don't be coy with your thread titles.

Edited.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Alfie is still the best. EK will be considered the best when he retires. For me, it's about reflecting on a players career, and that should be done when they retire. The thought of Alfie still makes my blood boil. He was a great player and played on some good teams but never great teams IMO. I think EK is going to have a legit chance of winning a cup at some point. I'm not sure Alfie was ever really on a team I considered anything more than a conference final type of team. (I realize they were the presidents trophy winners) When all is said and done there's no doubt EK will be considered the better player. I miss those battles of Ontario.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Karlsson is the best Sens player ever, yes.

Alfredsson, at this point, still has a greater legacy, but if Karlsson finishes a long career with the Senators then he will surpass DA.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Talent wise and impact as a player, yes, no question. I think you'd be hard pressed to top Karlsson as a player.

In terms of leadership and other-worldly aura, Alfredsson no doubt. Though you could argue in the latter half of his career when he really took off the talent around him was better than Karlsson has had to work with.

Karlsson has never had a Spezza, Heatley, Hossa, or Havlat up front.

Slapstick

May 17, 2015
You need to define "Best Player" to get a good answer.

In terms of talent and peak performance he clearly is the best.
Alfredsson still have a edge due to years of service and consistency over a long time.

However if Karlsson continue like this there is no doubt he will be the best Sens player no matter how you look at it.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Alfie would still be the most significant player in franchise history, but Karlsson is clearly the best player in their history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad