If Johnny Hockey wins the Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Does he enter the McDavid/Matthews tier? He's been a different player since he got the TM approved.

He looks to be the most consistent player in the league this season. The discussion started off as McDavid/Eichel/Matthews/Laine, and now it's just McDavid/Matthews. If JH wins the Ross is it then McDavid/Gaudreau/Matthews?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Tough to discredit a player if they win the Art Ross.
As much as I hate Scrawny Hockey, I'd have to give credit where it's due.

Reactions: KingTrouty

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
No, mcdavid and matthews are a teir of their own. But he should definitely be considered in the laine, kucherov tarasenko tier

Reactions: SB84

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Kind of.
Do you have Kane in the same tier as Crosby/Malkin? Same idea.

Like the other guy said - how do you discredit an art ross?

But it's still a very long season and i'd be shocked if he wins.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
he'd approach Martin St Louis level, which is still at least a tier below Sidney Crosby level

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Nope. He's an elite winger, that's about it.

I do have him higher than Eichel and Laine though. I find those two to be overrated.

Why wouldn't he be better than Matthews if he outscores him by 15-20 points? He'd be closer to Mcdavid who's also got a scoring title but Mcdavids on his way to another top scoring season as well.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I actually picked him for the all-star game when I did my voting. Never thought I'd be picking a player from Calgary to go there!

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
How is Matthews tier of his own if JH beats him out for AR?
Lol bruh. Without trying to be funny or trying to get likes from CGY fans, answer this for me: Who is a better hockey player, Johnny Gaudreau or Auston Matthews?

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Don't think he stays top 3... I would love if he did but i think he finishes 5-10 in scoring. Either way, he is amazing to watch on the ice.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Matthews isnt even top 15 hes not close to Mcdavid tier or even Gaudreau for that matter. Without the Toronto hype he would be just regarded as a good centre in the mold of Barkov or Mackinnon etc.
(He is tied with Monahan in points lol). Whens the last time a centre 27th in league scoring was compared to a generational player or elite winger? Literally only because hes the #1 centre for Toronto no other reason.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
How is Matthews tier of his own if JH beats him out for AR?
lol Tarasenko is the same tier as Kucherov?
I personally believe those 2 are franchise level centers (mcd is obvs better) so i will not be take any wingers over them. Tarasenko is pretty damn good and i consider him to be just as good as kuch but thats a personal opinion. Even when kane or benn won the AR, nobody really considered them to be the same tier as crosby

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Good question regarding Matthews

Site leans towards no. Put out a poll on how much Johnny would outscore AM and the consensus was 5 points.

If he wins Art Ross how do you extrapolate those points in a showdown with intangibles.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Matthews isn't in McDavid's League. Thanks for coming out.
Lmao, why arw you people so insecure as soon as those 2 are mentioned together. They are in the league of their own in terms of futures, and i never said they are same tier, they are both clearly better than the rest rn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad