Proposal: IF, IF Jack Eichel ever demanded out...#NYR

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Joke trade.
Shesterkin has the ability to be a top 3 goalie in the NHL. Fox is already playing like a 1D and will only get better.
Zibanejad having a top 10 center type season.
Kakko is 18 and 2nd overall.

So, Rangers gut their team and become the Sabres. No thanks.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Jeff Gorton and the NYR have never shown any reluctance to hunt the big fish. IF, and only IF Jack ever got so fed up and demanded out, say, by the end of the season, for example, and the Rangers proposed the following, is it close? Add more? How's the value?
BUF Receives: Vitali Kravtsov, RW; K'Andre Miller, LD; Filip Chytil, C; Lias Andersson, C ; Alexandar Georgiev, G; and both 2020 1st-round picks (NYR+TOR/CAR)
NYR Receives: Jack Eichel, C

NYR is a good starting point, but will have to offer Kakko. I think this proposal can be beaten by other teams with deep prospect pools and need a C. Teams likely to have the most interest: COL, MTL, PHI, LAK and AZN have the Cap Space and prospects.

Reactions: gump116

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Buffalo receives: Heaping, massive pile of shit
Your team receives: Franchise superstar center

Golly gee, sounding f***ing awesome. Eichel proposals need to go jump off a bridge. Especially ones where you're not even gonna pretend to offer anything of value.
Quite a few of those offers seem pretty reasonable. Going by what the OP said, if Eichel wanted out. When players demand to be traded the team doesn’t usually get fair value.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
No way, lots of solid pieces in there and even if they considered moving him. He wouldn't be traded in the East. He would be shipped out West. kinda like Joe Thornton to SJ. If I was trading a franchise player for Whatever player. it wouldn't be in the same Division/Conference.
Teams shouldn’t worry about trading in the same division. I understand why people would think that way but you trade him for the best value possible. If it’s in the same division, so be it.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
As a Rangers fan, I pass.

Rangers don’t need to trade top players in multiple positions for 1 player.

Trading multiple players like Igor, Fox, ADA, Kakko, and Chytil will kill the future.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
So, the consensus trade offer for Eichel would take: Kakko, Shesterkin, Chytil, Fox? Anything else?

I think this is the likely expectation.

You have to realize Eichel is considered a Top 10 Player signed for another 6 years and under 24 years old. He plays a premium position and has little to no support. Compared to ranking other Cs - McDavid, Crosby, Makinnon, Eichel & Matthews/Draisaitl; Players at this age and skill level are almost never traded. The costs would if substantial and few teams can afford to make this deal without gutting their Farm system and team future.

NYR has the prospects to make this deal and have plenty of youngsters remaining. If he does become available, I wouldn't be surprised if they'll have a substantial offer.

Reactions: Nihiliste

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This is the type of trade I'd expect. Buffalo fans will scream names like Mackinnon, Barkov and Matthews but those aren't reasonable since this is under the hypothetical situation of Eichel asking out. While Mackinnon/Barkov/MAtthews are comparable players, they haven't asked out from their respective teams and when players do it leads to less value coming back (generally in a way of quantity).

So unless one of these players ask out I think this is a reasonable proposal. However it's all moot unless Eichel asks out.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't think a Franchise 1C has been traded since maybe Joe Thornton to San Jose. It's extremely rare.

Seguin? He wasn't a franchise C when he was traded but everyone could tell he was headed that way.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Still wouldn't count that in this context though.

Yeah. This would be the biggest trade in the NHL in a long time.

I still don't think Eichel is going to ask for a trade just yet, he really seems to want to win in Buffalo even if he's frustrated. He'll be there for at least ~2 more years and if they are still in the same place, I am sure he will check out.

Reactions: Rebels57

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
So, you want to get Eichel without giving up any of your best assets? Close stupid thread.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Quite a few of those offers seem pretty reasonable. Going by what the OP said, if Eichel wanted out. When players demand to be traded the team doesn’t usually get fair value.

Jack Eichel is one of the very best centers in the NHL, he's locked in for term on a fair-good contract, he has no NMC/NTC (can't because he's still in RFA years), and he's basically the only reason the Sabres still have a fanbase. If it comes to him being traded, Buffalo is absolutely holding out for a package that cripples the other team. Think Lindros trade. And they'll get it. No ifs, ands, or butts.

This discussion is moot, though, because he isn't going anywhere.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
any examples of stars being traded with in the division?
How many stars have actually been traded? The list isn’t very long. But you should still take the best deal that comes. Why hurt your own team just to ship him out west. If buffalo did trade him it would most certainly mean a rebuild.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Jack Eichel is one of the very best centers in the NHL, he's locked in for term on a fair-good contract, he has no NMC/NTC (can't because he's still in RFA years), and he's basically the only reason the Sabres still have a fanbase. If it comes to him being traded, Buffalo is absolutely holding out for a package that cripples the other team. Think Lindros trade. And they'll get it. No ifs, ands, or butts.

There are a few teams with enough to make this deal without a crippling affect on their roster. NYR is definitely a team that would be interested and they'll still keep their core. Eichel is special that can drive the play and make the players around him better.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto

I’m not saying he won’t get a great deal but I don’t think he’ll get as good a deal as some want to believe he will. Buffalo should absolutely hold onto him until they get a great deal. If it did happen.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Yeah we're gonna trade Eichel....soon as Gretzky comes out of retirement and scores 80 goals in a season

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
Sure,

NYR - Eichel

BUF - Kakko, Chytil, Shesterkin, Fox

There you go

Giving up Fox would hurt but we do have ADA plus Lundkvist coming over within the next two years. I wouldn't mind having Georgie as the new #1 but would prefer shesty so I'd swap him out for Georgiev and add a 1st.

I don't know what fans would say to Kakko, Chytil, Georgiev, Fox and a 1st but in real life that would 100% get it done if Eichel wanted out and it'd be one of the best days of my life. Eichel is probably my favourite player not on the Rangers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad