Proposal: If he hits FA, interest in Keith Yandle?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would take Yandle in a heartbeat.

Problem is, we probably can't afford him with our internal cap.

Internal cap? What?

We don't have an internal cap, as far as anything we've heard. Not sure where you got that from.

We were close to the cap in the first two seasons of new ownership, if I'm not mistaken.

We're not a floor team this year because we have cheap ass owners like Karmanos and Melnyk. I thought that much was apparent.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Even though it seems with every passing game that our defensive depth isn't quite the future juggernaut we all once thought, I want nothing to do with Yandle. He's a fantastic add for a team looking for a missing piece, like when Lou grabbed Zidlicky, but for us he does nothing but eat cap space in between now and when we're competitive again.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The more I think about it, the more I'm not opposed.

Trade one of Merill/Gelinas, move Moore to 3LD, and sign Yandle. We are going to have a ton of cap space and I don't think they want to commit too much money to another forward.

Greene - Severson
Yandle - Larsson
Moore - Merrill/Gelinas

Given it's a reasonable deal, we don't have any guys pressing for spots on D in the next two or so years.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yandle had 52 points last year. Moore has 49 in his 265 game career.

Moore is also playing a decent amount of PK this season.

I think the Yandle Zid's comparison is much better.

Yandle is a very good skater, Zids is not a good skater.

Yandle would make this team much better and we would not have to use Greene on the PP and give him some extra rest.

Now, Yandle doesn't enjoy physical contact-he can be exposed in playoff series by a shrewd team that game plans to slow dump into his corner and then fore-check and cycle the heck out of him.

The key would be the length of the contract.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yandle is a very good skater, Zids is not a good skater.

Yandle would make this team much better and we would not have to use Greene on the PP and give him some extra rest.

Now, Yandle doesn't enjoy physical contact-he can be exposed in playoff series by a shrewd team that game plans to slow dump into his corner and then fore-check and cycle the heck out of him.

The key would be the length of the contract.

Zid's is not a good skater?

And Greene is only averaging 35 seconds of pp time this season. He leads the league in PK. If we were looking to lighten the load on Greene I'd say get ourselves a legit PK guy.

But Im not saying we should or shouldn't get Yandle(I'm leaning strongly towards no actually). He's a talented player, and if we could get him cheap then yeah, sure, but given what the Rag's gave up to get him I'd be surprised if they didn't offer a significant contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad