Proposal: If he hits FA, interest in Keith Yandle?

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
If Keith Yandle hits free agency, do you think Devils should make a significant offer for him?

He clearly knows the Metropolitan area and if he likes it and wants to stay that helps us out. Devils have a ton of cap space.

3-5 year contract at 4.5-6 million per season? Is that fair? Enough to get him to NJ?

Next year:

Greene - Larsson
Yandle - Severson
Moore - (Gelinas? Merrill? Schlemko? Who?)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Not at all. Use that space for forwards, let our young defensemen grow into bigger roles, fill in the gaps with small signings on defense if need be.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I just feel like NJD is in need of a true offensive defenseman, and until Gelinas proves he can be that, (if it will ever happen) I think Yandle is the perfect guy for this team.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not at all. Use that space for forwards, let our young defensemen grow into bigger roles, fill in the gaps with small signings on defense if need be.

Yes please.

Get more forwards, not a guy like Yandle.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
NJD desperately needs more offense from the D, but I don't think Yandle (or Gelinas, for that matter) is the answer. I'd much rather see people like Sevs or Lars beginning to contribute (again, we saw it last year, the capacity is there) once the forward group allows them more space and time and isn't constantly getting pinned.

If we were to go chase a PMD FA, why did we let Zids leave in the first place? Management has faith in the young D corps, as they should. There are enough guys in junior and the A to make them think we're sset for now. Shero's earned my trust so far, I see no reason to question it until we see signs of a collapse.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
There is a reason he was a healthy omission from USA Hockey in the last olympics. I don't know what that reason is, but I would view it as the reddest of red flags.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
If he was in his prime yes but he has become ineffective.

Also if we are looking for a defenseman Shero should go for a big minute defensive defenseman to help Larsson and Severson

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
There is a reason he was a healthy omission from USA Hockey in the last olympics. I don't know what that reason is, but I would view it as the reddest of red flags.

So was Andy Greene, so that doesn't mean much.

Yandle is a good player still and he's been great for them this year but we don't have the room for him really. Unless we trade one of our young guys.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I would take Yandle in a heartbeat.

Problem is, we probably can't afford him with our internal cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad