If games were 3 on 3 for 60 minutes, who wins the Presidents' Trophy

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
How many minutes per overtime are the Kings bottom 6 getting? Did Clifford or Nolan even touch the ice during your last overtime?

Why would Nolan or Clifford get any ice time? 60 minutes of 3v3 is 180 total minutes for skaters. Even if you knock 5 minutes off of everyone's current season toi average to account for the faster pace you still run out of minutes after 10 forwards and 4 defensemen. (Kopitar 16, Carter 13, Pearson 11, Toffoli 13, Brown 11, King 10, Gaborik 10, Dowd 8, Lewis8 , Shore 7 + Doughty 22, Muzzin 18, Martinez 18, Mcnabb 15)

Thats 0 minutes for Forbort, Gravel, Gilbert, Greene, Setoguchi, Purcell, Andreoff, Clifford, Nolan. If there's an injury, Sutter would have no problem swapping a defender in for a forward.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Wild would have a nice long run of #1 overall picks.

Spot on.
I assume we'll pick the speediest player available (SPA), not the most skilled (BPA).

Actually, that makes me wonder, if hockey went to 3v3 for a full 60 minutes, just how big would the shift to speedier players be? Would you have guys who are big and skilled but only average speed falling well below the 1st round? Huh, I didn't intend to actually think this much about it, but it's actually sort of an interesting topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad