If Babcock stays, do Dubas and Keefe go?

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I don't really want to keep Babcock but if it gets Dubas to leave, then I'm all for keeping Babs another year. Preferably before Dubas has a chance to work any more contracts, like the Marner contract for example.

Reactions: rumman

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I believe theres another level in them well there has to be or you blow it up now.lol I think they are a play off team and will be for awhile. They have lots of internal growth plua theres only so many points to go around. So as players leave others will accumulate more.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Cap constraints will make it next to impossible to ice as good a team as this years.

But there was also a tremendous amount of wastage on this year's cap distribution. Marleau was our second most expensive cap hit and he was pretty much trash by the New Year, so this forces the Leafs to be more efficient with the "middle class."

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
But there was also a tremendous amount of wastage on this year's cap distribution. Marleau was our second most expensive cap hit and he was pretty much trash by the New Year, so this forces the Leafs to be more efficient with the "middle class."
Marleau's cap hit is a real problem, especially since his game's gone south.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al14

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Which soft players did Dubas bring in? Muzzin or Tavares? Or are you going to complain about a 13th forward trade?
The better question is which soft players will he WANT to bring in.
Muzzin/Taveres/Hyman/Brown/Rielly/Hainsey/Kadri and maybe 2 others at least have what you need to win.
Heart/Character/Emotion/Try.
Ya know.
The stuff that helps.
A Lot.
Dubas would rather have Petan/Johnsson/Kappanen.
What a complete waste.
Bad Bad GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad