Proposal: If A Woodchuck Tkachuk Wood: OTT + STL + N.J.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Ottawa out: TB's 2022 2nd, Tkachuk, White
Ottawa in: Kyrou, Thomas, Johnsson

St. Louis out: Kyrou, Thomas, Tarasenko
St. Louis in: TB's 2022 2nd, Tkachuk, Stillman, White

New Jersey out: Stillman, Johnsson
New Jersey in: Tarasenko

Ottawa pick up a pair of talented young forwards just entering their prime, while also clearing White's contract

St. Louis bring home a pair of talented young forwards in Tkachuk and Stillman, while the overpaid White gives them a versatile forward for their bottom 6. They also pick up a late 2nd rd pick in 2022

New Jersey pick up an offensive winger with all-star credentials to play alongside Hughes, while also dumping the remaining 2 years of Johnsson's contract

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
Don't think NJ pays a recent mid-1st for the full contract of Tarasenko. Dumping Johnsson is appealing but not really anything the Devils would spend a significant asset on either.

Change it to a 2nd and NJ is prob in.

Reactions: Smitty426

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That’s so terrible for Ottawa. Woof.

A St Louis fan definitely made this trade proposal.

Tarasenko is still very negative value.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Premise that Ottawa need to “clear” White’s contract is incorrect. He’s overpaid, but with $20m+ in cap space that doesn’t matter, and he’s a cheap buyout.

If Tkachuk was to be traded think “3 good assets”:

1st, high end prospect, young roster player with upside.

Blues offer is 2 good assets. Add one more. In a 3 way deal with NJD Holz or their 1st gets Ottawa’s attention.

In a hypothetical scenario where Tkachuk wants out and the Senators go to the market someone will pay the “3 assets” price (or better) for Brady the Unicorn.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Fast and easy no from Ottawa

Hard pass from Ottawa.

Premise that Ottawa need to “clear” White’s contract is incorrect. He’s overpaid, but with $20m+ in cap space that doesn’t matter, and he’s a cheap buyout.

If Tkachuk was to be traded think “3 good assets”:

1st, high end prospect, young roster player with upside.

Blues offer is 2 good assets. Add one more. In a 3 way deal with NJD Holz or their 1st gets Ottawa’s attention.

In a hypothetical scenario where Tkachuk wants out and the Senators go to the market someone will pay the “3 assets” price (or better) for Brady the Unicorn.

Interesting...

I thought the deal favoured Ottawa, which is why I included TB's 2nd rd pick... and even with that pick included, I figured any push back would come from Blues' fans

Kyrou and Brady both produced .64 PPG last season, despite Kyrou playing nearly 4 fewer minutes per game. Throw Thomas into the trade, and I think it's a clear win for the Sens

White is paid twice what he's worth, and is signed to 4 more years. His contract may not be an issue this year or next, but it could become problematic in the future and should be jettisoned from the payroll as soon as possible

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

Not as negative as White's value, IMO...

4 more years at nearly a 5 million cap hit for a player producing at about a 30 point pace over the last 2 seasons

Ottawa would be lucky if St. Louis agreed to take him on

Last edited:

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Interesting...

I thought the deal favoured Ottawa, which is why I included TB's 2nd rd pick... and even with that pick included, I figured any push back would come from Blues' fans

Kyrou and Brady both produced .64 PPG last season, despite Kyrou playing nearly 4 fewer minutes per game. Throw Thomas into the trade, and I think it's a clear win for the Sens

White is paid twice what he's worth, and is signed to 4 more years. His contract may not be an issue this year or next, but it could become problematic in the future and should be jettisoned from the payroll as soon as possible

Points aren’t everything.

White either lives up to (close) to his contract this year, or is bought out for 1/3. In two years he’ll either be earning his money or he’ll costing them $875k in cap space from the buyout. They won’t be lumping him in as negative value in another trade.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Points aren’t everything.

White either lives up to (close) to his contract this year, or is bought out for 1/3. In two years he’ll either be earning his money or he’ll costing them $875k in cap space from the buyout. They won’t be lumping him in as negative value in another trade.

Stick to what you know...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad