If a seven game series were to be held starting tomorrow, who would win: Vegas or Edmonton?

Who would win?

• Vegas in 4

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 17 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Depends almost entirely on the variance of the Oilers goaltending. But Vegas is simply not playing well right now so if they want to repeat they need to figure their shit out quickly.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think Oilers win. A good amount of VGK is injured, and new additions' chemistry with the team is a question mark.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
how the hell are people voting Vegas tomorrow? They are playing like crap…..

Now by playoff time with a healthy 100 million dollar roster the answer is Vegas

Reactions: Duke74

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Homer vote for Oilers in 7, if onyl because Vegas does not look good right now, but can easily become a onster in the playoffs.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Tomorrow it's Oilers. Actual playoffs (if the players we expect to be magically healthy are back) it's Vegas.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Vegas in 4. They can roll these centers across 4 lines. And Skinner will crumble again under pressure.

Eichel
Hertl
Stephenson
Karlsson

Im shocked the Oilers are willing to run with Skinner again. Vegas can throw out 2 checking lines against McDavid and Draisaitl’s lines. Then that leaves Eichel and Hertl lines to the Oilers bottom 6 and its no contest.
Yes the Oilers should ditch a 25 year old who was a rookie that was left hanging on most of those goals lol

He’s better this season. The Oilers are also a better 5on5 team this year. It won’t be easy for Vegas…

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If the Oilers had even just league average goaltending last playoffs they would have won. I would assume they will get more out of Skinner now he's a year more experienced so Edmonton.
I think that people forget that the Oilers actually drive play that series and had unfortunate goaltending and Vegas seems to have a SC hangover this year.

The Oilers outshot Vegas 199-155 and have a deeper team this year and have found ways to win through adversity.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think that people forget that the Oilers actually drive play that series and had unfortunate goaltending and Vegas seems to have a SC hangover this year.

The Oilers outshot Vegas 199-155 and have a deeper team this year and have found ways to win through adversity.
If they’re so much deeper why are they fifth in the West? I’d say they are a bit worse. What other team has a zero goal scorer who played significant time in the top six.
Vegas definitely is suffering from a Cup hangover but I’d take them easily over the Oilers. Probably 6 games again as they are deeper than last year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Jonathon Blum​

If they’re so much deeper why are they fifth in the West? I’d say they are a bit worse. What other team has a zero goal scorer who played significant time in the top six.
Vegas definitely is suffering from a Cup hangover but I’d take them easily over the Oilers. Probably 6 games again as they are deeper than last year.
We all know that the Oilers had a really poor start and combined with less games played that's why they are 5 the in the West which has the best teams in the league IMO.

Conversely Vegas is struggling if one only wants to look at standings without context.

That being said we need to see how these teams look down the stretch and how healthy they are going into the playoffs but thinking that the Oilers are. a 2 player team is foolhardy.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Jonathon Blum​

We all know that the Oilers had a really poor start and combined with less games played that's why they are 5 the in the West which has the best teams in the league IMO.

Conversely Vegas is struggling if one only wants to look at standings without context.

That being said we need to see how these teams look down the stretch and how healthy they are going into the playoffs but thinking that the Oilers are. a 2 player team is foolhardy.
Sure they had a poor start but they also had an insane win streak. They’re about where I expected them to be overall. With the same issues that they had last year.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Vegas has avoided criticism this season for their play. Since there 11-0-1 start, they are 24-23-6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad