If a seven game series were to be held starting tomorrow, who would win: Vegas or Edmonton?

Who would win?

• Vegas in 4

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 17 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Starting tomorrow, I’d say Edmonton. Vegas hasn’t been playing well lately and Stone is out. Eichel is back but doesn’t look 100%. Things could change by the playoffs, but this isn’t last year’s Vegas right now.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I think the Oilers for the most part play a stronger all around game then last season and their depth should be better. Vegas will be strong as well with their additions, especially if they are healthy. It will be a tough series. I think the Oilers will be really hungry this season to win in the playoffs. I think it could go either way.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Vegas in 6. Same as last time. When they are healthy they don’t have any real weaknesses. Typically the top lines saw off and then Vegas’ depth players will feast on the Oilers D and goaltending. Even if McDrai put up historical numbers like last year I can’t see them taking more than 2 games. A sweep for Vegas would also not shock me.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the series started tomorrow, it’s the Oilers. If you’re giving a month for Vegas to find it, they do.

Reactions: majormajor

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If the Oilers had even just league average goaltending last playoffs they would have won. I would assume they will get more out of Skinner now he's a year more experienced so Edmonton.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I think some people are still yet to realize that last year's cup winners just got way better. It's hard to see them losing to anyone healthy. It is still hockey, and it just takes a couple of bad puck bounces, but having to beat this Vegas team 4 times in a series is going to be very, very difficult.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’ll be rooting for EDM but unfortunately Vegas has the better roster. Think the Oilers needed to add a better defenseman than they did.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Depends on the status of Stone.

If game one was played with the current rosters Edmonton in 7.

If Stone and Hertl are back and Eichel gets back into the swing of things? Vegas in 6.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Vegas in 4. They can roll these centers across 4 lines. And Skinner will crumble again under pressure.

Eichel
Hertl
Stephenson
Karlsson

Im shocked the Oilers are willing to run with Skinner again. Vegas can throw out 2 checking lines against McDavid and Draisaitl’s lines. Then that leaves Eichel and Hertl lines to the Oilers bottom 6 and its no contest.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Vegas in 4. They can roll these centers across 4 lines. And Skinner will crumble again under pressure.

Eichel
Hertl
Stephenson
Karlsson

Im shocked the Oilers are willing to run with Skinner again.
I mean, you thought LA would beat us both times and the Flames would win. When it comes to the Oilers your opinion is worthless.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
If the Oilers had even just league average goaltending last playoffs they would have won. I would assume they will get more out of Skinner now he's a year more experienced so Edmonton.
League average SV% and league average goaltending are very different things. The way the Oilers play makes it very hard on their goalies.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I misred it.. so my original vote was Knights in 6.

However, it says tomorrow...

Oil win that one...

Hertl is out, Martiniez is out, Eichel is just getting back, Stone is out, Hanifin hasn't played a game yet, Mantha has maybe played 1 game? LV is on a losing streak. This is Oiler's all day TOMORROW.

Now in PLAYOFFS when Hertl is healthy, martinez is healthy, Hanifin is acclimated, maybe Stone is back and Mantha is feeling good? LV all day. They are my current cup fav (with Av's).

Only hope being that they falter with all the new pieces and don't make playoffs or struggle with chemistry issues. On paper... LV is a 110million dollar team that is deep in every position come April.

Reactions: BoHorvat 53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad