Blue Jays Discussion: If a Blue Jay falls in a Tavares/Kawhi forest and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
not sure we actually got a prospect for Pearce.

Looks like a prospect to me

upload_2018-7-23_12-6-59.png

If we can get someone like this in every deal it adds to our prospect depth. Anytime you can add a prospect that will give you more in the future then a player we are trading its a good trade. Pearce gave us nothing in his 2 years, and we got a prospect back that can potentially turn into something useful.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Cheeky. Drew 39k yesterday.

3.2 Warp 3/4 through the season from a 23 year old MI. Its a 45FV prospect, sir.

1.good not great numbers at A+, average to below average numbers at previous levels
2.2 years old for each level so far. (just promoted to AA where he's one year old for the level)
3.doesn't play a prime defensive position.

doesn't look like a prospect to me. unless you consider guys like Pinto, Lunduvist, Orrosco to be prospects too.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
1.good not great numbers at A+, average to below average numbers at previous levels
2.2 years old for each level so far. (just promoted to AA where he's one year old for the level)

doesn't look like a prospect to me. unless you consider guys like Pinto, Lunduvist, Orrosco to be prospects too.

86 innings at 2B, 48 innings at 3B, 522 innings at SS in 2018 = doesn't play a prime defensive position. Cool.

I suppose ignoring that makes it a lot easier to compare him to a handful of corner outfielders, though.

Reactions: phillipmike

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

1. Underrating the numbers
2. You cannot always tie your wagon to age v level (ex. Ben Zobrist was 25 at AA)
3. SS\2B are prime defensive positions, sir

None of those other three should be considered prospects, yet. Lundqvist is closest to being 40FV.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
eh you guys should just trust me on this.

he's not even top 30 in our system.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If we get a prospect like we did for Pearce I would be ecstatic!!! Maybe some international pool money to boot would be awesome.

If they are still interested in a pitcher despite reports, the Jays could package Granderson with a decent arm to get an even better guy. Maybe something similar to the Joe Smith trade?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
No reason why we cannot keep adding to the organization. Just keep them coming.

Yep Shanny-plan the heck out of the Jays.

Once you graduate the great prospects your prospect pool becomes weak quickly, which most people would say well D'uh yeah, but the good organizations have depth. Depth to overcome bad trades, depth to overcome injuries, depth to overcome busts.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Yep Shanny-plan the heck out of the Jays.

Once you graduate the great prospects your prospect pool becomes weak quickly, which most people would say well D'uh yeah, but the good organizations have depth. Depth to overcome bad trades, depth to overcome injuries, depth to overcome busts.

1. Vlad jr
2. Bo
3. Jansen
4. Pearson
5. SRF
6. Borucki
7. Pardinho
8. K. Smith
9. Biggio
10. Groshans

(11-20): Alford, Conine, Otto, Zeuch, Kloffenstein, Warmoth, Hiraldo, Danner, Urena, McGuire
(21-30): Noda, Davis, Rowdy, Pannone, Romano, Young, Castillo, Podkul, Kirk, Espinal
(31-40): Medina, Taylor, Martinez, Adams, Contreras, Vicuna, Harris, Smith Jr, Stevenson, Abbadessa

Its wildly, wildly, deep already. They're starting to cut org guys like DJ Davis and Carlos Ramirez because there's so little room. I'd love to add more pitching.

Where would you rank Dante Bichette Jr. if he was in our farm system? Former first rounder released by NYY earlier this year, never made it past AA ball.

43rd?

Reactions: zeke

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
1. Vlad jr
2. Bo
3. Jansen
4. Pearson
5. SRF
6. Borucki
7. Pardinho
8. K. Smith
9. Biggio
10. Groshans

(11-20): Alford, Conine, Otto, Zeuch, Kloffenstein, Warmoth, Hiraldo, Danner, Urena, McGuire
(21-30): Noda, Davis, Rowdy, Pannone, Romano, Young, Castillo, Podkul, Kirk, Espinal
(31-40): Medina, Taylor, Martinez, Adams, Contreras, Vicuna, Harris, Smith Jr, Stevenson, Abbadessa

Its wildly, wildly, deep already. They're starting to cut org guys like DJ Davis and Carlos Ramirez because there's so little room. I'd love to add more pitching.

43rd?

43rd eh, wow.

Baseball is funny though you get guys who can hit the tar out of the ball in the minors and gets to the pros and the wheels fall off. Off-speed/Breaking balls are much different in the big's. The Jays turf is different than any of the prospects have ever played on. It plays more true but also plays faster than real turf.

It;s never a bad thing to have too many blue chippers

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
1. Vlad jr
2. Bo
3. Jansen
4. Pearson
5. SRF
6. Borucki
7. Pardinho
8. K. Smith
9. Biggio
10. Groshans

nice.

my exceptions to your list:

- Warmoth and Danner too high.
- Diaz should be in the 20s somewhere imo.
- Moreno and Jimenez (GCL) I'd put at least top 30 right now.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Chris Rowley claimed off of waivers by Texas.

Was just coming to post this.

On the one hand, it sucks to lose an OK-ish AAA emergency fill-in guy. There were holes in Rowley's game, but there were things to like as well.

But on the other hand, it's not like we lost someone irreplaceable and it also potentially shortens the distance between the Blue Jays and promotable prospects like Reid-Foley (who soon enough is going to reclaim that silly "Sean Reid-Money" nickname he got here in his first camp.) and Pannone, that's a net positive.

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Seems like every other day New Hampshire's game is cancelled due to rain

If Cavan Biggio can be a super utility player who can hit 20 HRs, low average but high OBP, I'll take it
A Ben Zobrist-lite

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The Jays are going to need to make room for some guys to get call ups too.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Seems like every other day New Hampshire's game is cancelled due to rain

If Cavan Biggio can be a super utility player who can hit 20 HRs, low average but high OBP, I'll take it
A Ben Zobrist-lite

I think super-util might be a stretch. He seems OK at 2B and he could probably be workable in LF, and he's played some 1st, but he doesn't have the athleticism for short or CF nor the arm for 3B or RF.

His upside seems like it'd be bench bat that can play non-sabotaging innings as a 2B or the other two most replaceable defensive spots on the field.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
What are your reasons for having Danner so high DJQ?

I'm a believer in the tools (mostly the power, arm, and athleticism). He's improved his vision, and the in game power should come. I can also see him moving off catcher, and being a fine 3B if it comes to that. He's within my top twenty based on ceiling.

nice.

my exceptions to your list:

- Warmoth and Danner too high.
- Diaz should be in the 20s somewhere imo.
- Moreno and Jimenez (GCL) I'd put at least top 30 right now.

That's all fair. And to be honest, I likely just missed Diaz in my haste. Moreno and Jimenez can fit easily into the low thirties\high twenties with the removal of DSJ and another. They're essentially interchangeable there for me. There's a weird muddy area at ~25+ between high ceiling young prospect (Moreno\Jimenez\Medina) and older, proximity, might give you value older guy (Harris, DSJ, Pannone).

Reactions: Morgs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad