Blue Jays Discussion: If a Blue Jay falls in a Tavares/Kawhi forest and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
getting a little impatient. start moving deserving guys up a level already.

10 more days and that'll probably start happening.

It already has. Some older struggling guys are starting to retire or get released.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
https://www.tsn.ca/dodgers-indians-strike-first-as-trade-deadline-approaches-1.1143999
J.A. Happ (LHS, Toronto Blue Jays)

Happ, 35, is a free agent at season’s end and is making $13 million this year. He is 10-6 with a 4.29 ERA on the season but has given up 18 runs (13 earned) in 12 innings over his last three starts in games against the Tigers, Yankees and Red Sox. Clubs still have interest in him despite the struggles, but they may need to see a good start before pulling the trigger on a deal. The Mariners, A’s, Braves, Yankees and Phillies have all scouted him and checked in with Toronto on what it would take for a deal.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think Sportsnet Connected just showed the Vancouver Canadians story that set off Stroman's little tirade at the media last week.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Not to get too excited over a reliever, but I think Bergen in AA could be a pretty good one, and a potential replacement for Loup down the line.

Has good deception and velocity from the left side and a wipe out slider.

56so in 42ip this year with 12bb and only 34h.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Dear god I almost forgot how bad an ump West really is. I think he got upset that the Mexican league ump was stealing his spotlight.

I laughed so hard when he called those two consecutive strikes on Teoscar that were 5 inches off the plate I threw my back out.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Rumors that the Phillies are likely not in the market for a SP anymore. It's probably going to be down to the Brewers or Yankees for Happ. I'm trying to be realistic so as to not be disappointed in the return. Machado got a back half of the top 100 prospect + some interesting but not high end guys.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Rumors that the Phillies are likely not in the market for a SP anymore. It's probably going to be down to the Brewers or Yankees for Happ. I'm trying to be realistic so as to not be disappointed in the return. Machado got a back half of the top 100 prospect + some interesting but not high end guys.

Pitchers tend to command a lot more at the deadline, though.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Borucki and SRF looking legit for next year.

How do advanced stats project Pannone and Romano for 2019?

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Instead of Mike Trout, how about making Mookie Betts the face of baseball? - The Boston Globe
2. Josh Donaldson, 3B, Blue Jays — The Jays seem to be anxiously awaiting Donaldson’s return to the active roster for two reasons — they want to make room for Vladimir Guerrero Jr., who is playing again after a long stint on the disabled list, and they’re hoping to deal Donaldson. It doesn’t appear he’ll go before the non-waiver trading deadline, but there’s a distinct possibility he could be dealt in August if he clears waivers. At least that’s the Blue Jays’ hope.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Dear god I almost forgot how bad an ump West really is. I think he got upset that the Mexican league ump was stealing his spotlight.
MLB umps are of the highest quality...hardly know them by name but Joe West and Angel Hernandez stand out....it is hard to believe they have not moved them upstairs to a desk job and away from the field. Then again they are likely as useless off the field as they are on it.

Joe West is a disgrace to his profession.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Tellez had a very slow start to the year, expected because he missed most of Spring Training. He started to do well again from June onward. He then left again, not sure why but wasn't injured. Since he has come back his OPS is 1.216. Not including today where he is 2 for 2 with a double. Also Jansen homered.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Do you think Smoak has much value in a trade? It seems he’s a decent value and I am thinking the Jays might want to keep him at a relatively decent salary $6M.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Tellez had a very slow start to the year, expected because he missed most of Spring Training. He started to do well again from June onward. He then left again, not sure why but wasn't injured. Since he has come back his OPS is 1.216. Not including today where he is 2 for 2 with a double. Also Jansen homered.

Free Danny.

Maile is hitting .198 with a K% of over 33% since the beginning of May. Hero Luke Maile is dead.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
yep, Rowdy is getting Rowdy since his bereavement leave. Could it really be that his grandma's illness was just messing with his head all this time?

since his return:

29pa, 3bb/5k, .385avg, .448obp, .923slg, 1.371ops

go rowdy go

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad