Speculation: Ideal First Round Combo

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
So, I know we have the polls going for who you would take at #6 and #23. Most likely, the Wings will go with whoever is highest on their board, so if it's Guenther at 6 and Rosen at 23, then they probably go that route.

However, I'm curious who you guys have as your ideal combo with those two picks. Keep it realistic as to who would be available in those slots.

My top 3 would be:
Hughes/Svechkov
McTavish/Lambos
Wallstedt/Pinelli

If the Wings came out of the first with any of those combos (or even any of those 6) I would be pretty thrilled. Let's hear yours!

Reactions: firestarter

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Assuming beniers and power are gone I’d like Clarke, edvinsson or Hughes with the first pick. The Washington pick id love lambos, he’s the only d man I have in that range. I’m cool with a bunch of forwards and cossa/gaudreau. Not too picky about the Washington pick

Personally my favorite would be
Hughes/Samoskevich
I watch most Michigan games so I’d love to see them a bunch next season as wings prospects

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Assuming beniers and power are gone I’d like Clarke, edvinsson or Hughes with the first pick. The Washington pick id love lambos, he’s the only d man I have in that range. I’m cool with a bunch of forwards and cossa/gaudreau. Not too picky about the Washington pick

Personally my favorite would be
Hughes/Samoskevich
I watch most Michigan games so I’d love to see them a bunch next season as wings prospects
If the team gets Hughes, I could care less who they pick with the other first, but I'd still be tempted to take Lambos to cement the D. Or whoever Rezmierski wants... he's got a decent draft record for D.

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
I honestly can't think of a scenario where I'd be disappointed on draft day 1.

I'm open to pretty much every combination of players, except for taking both Wallstedt and Cossa of course.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Lines.com have us take Eklund and Chayka , but I kinda don't believe Draper will take any of them

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Seriously, I wouldn't mind hardly anyone at #6 that is ranked in the top 10 EXCEPT for Wallstedt. I don't want to spend a top 10 pick on a goalie, no way. Now if one dropped down to our second pick, most likely Cossa, then I am fine with that but not in the top 10. I put together a top 5 for each spot and came up with these scenarios.

1. Luke Hughes/Nikita Chibrikov
2. Kent Johnson/Daniil Chayka
3. Brandt Clarke/Isak Rosen
4. Fabian Lysell/Stanislav Svozil
5. William Eklund/Sebastian Cossa

Reactions: jfrank21 and lilidk

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
We have to hit on our #6 pick with the player who combines highest floor and highest upside.

Washingtons pick is a freebie. This pick has got to be used on a swing, going after the player most likely to go top 10 in redrafts five years from now.

We need skill, skill, skill

Last edited:
Reactions: lidstromiscool

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Combo 1: Jesper Wallstedt / Fyodor Svechkov
Combo 2: Brandt Clarke / Oskar Olausson
Combo 3: Mason McTavish / Carson Lambos
Combo 4: William Eklund / Francesco Pinelli
Combo 5: Dylan Guenther / Zachary L'Heureaux
Combo 6: Luke Hughes / Simon Robertson

These are in order of favorite to least favorite, but I'd be happy with any of the above players. Shuffle these combos in any way.

Reactions: jfrank21

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I honestly can't think of a scenario where I'd be disappointed on draft day 1.

I'm open to pretty much every combination of players, except for taking both Wallstedt and Cossa of course.

Monopolize the goalie market, my dude. Draft a goalie with every single pick in this year's draft and trade them!

Reactions: Sam Cogliano

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Unless Lambos slides, I most likely like the forwards available at 23 better than the defenseman.

Pairing Hughes/Edvinsson/Clarke with Pinnelli/Svechkov/Bourgault would be nice. Would also be fine going forward/forward.

Reactions: firestarter

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
1. Defensemen/Forward
2. Forward/Defensemen
3. Center/Center

I too think the forwards available at 22 are likely to be better options than the defensemen (though I really like Mallioux and Morrow). It is hard to see option three coming to fruition.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
1. Defensemen/Forward
2. Forward/Defensemen
3. Center/Center

I too think the forwards available at 22 are likely to be better options than the defensemen (though I really like Mallioux and Morrow). It is hard to see option three coming to fruition.

Outside of Lambos (who is ranked WAY too low) I can see a lot of the defensemen in the mid/late 1st round of this draft slipping to the 2nd as decent value picks.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Combo 1: Jesper Wallstedt / Fyodor Svechkov
Combo 2: Brandt Clarke / Oskar Olausson
Combo 3: Mason McTavish / Carson Lambos
Combo 4: William Eklund / Francesco Pinelli
Combo 5: Dylan Guenther / Zachary L'Heureaux
Combo 6: Luke Hughes / Simon Robertson

These are in order of favorite to least favorite, but I'd be happy with any of the above players. Shuffle these combos in any way.
Combo 3 screams gritty playoff hockey imo

Unless Lambos slides, I most likely like the forwards available at 23 better than the defenseman.

Pairing Hughes/Edvinsson/Clarke with Pinnelli/Svechkov/Bourgault would be nice. Would also be fine going forward/forward.
I’m assuming you’re talking about Chayka, Svozil, and Cuelemens?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Combo 3 screams gritty playoff hockey imo

I’m assuming you’re talking about Chayka, Svozil, and Cuelemens?

That's the idea.

Also what this draft lacks in high end talent it makes up for with a lot of guys that have some chipiness to their games that could be 2nd/3rd line forwards or 2nd pair defensemen. We could end up with 4 guys that are pretty gritty customers. I'm really hoping for Colton Dach and Josh Doan in the 2nd round for us.

Reactions: BStinson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad