Idea: Winner of the season series should start playoff series 1-0 in first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
y8Ea8jB.gif

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
obviously if its somehow a tie it’s 0-0. However this means that it likely places more value in the regular season and with divison games. It also will cut down on how long the first round takes so hockey is over before the middle of june.

Yay or nay?
Pretty sure the NHL would love it if teams started at -1 to 9 potential games. It’s about profit friend.

Safe to say the NHL won’t be hiring you in their business department anytime soon. Killing revenue isn’t exactly the NHL’s modus operandi.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
obviously if its somehow a tie it’s 0-0. However this means that it likely places more value in the regular season and with divison games. It also will cut down on how long the first round takes so hockey is over before the middle of june.

Yay or nay?
Lol nay. People need to stop trying to fix things that ain't broke

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
How about instead of starting a playoff series down 1-0, why don't you start game 1 with the cumulative goals each team has scored against each other during the regular season.

For example, if the Flames and Blue Jackets were to play each other in the SCF, they would start game 1 with a 9-6 score.

And I can post this while saying this isn't the stupidest idea in this thread ;)

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Call me old school,but 16 wins, 4 best out of 7 series's is the way it should be, I love watching playoff hockey where it starts 0-0! best team wins.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Yay or nay?

some of these threads are just getting silly

no sane person would say yes

OP misses the point of the playoffs

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

Yay or nay?

Winner of the season series should then be capable of winning the first game.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
That's terrible.

How about this, whoever had the better shoot out record gets home ice advantage?

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I like this idea OP:)

I like how places more value in the regular season and with divison games, and how it also will cut down on how long the first round takes so hockey is over before the middle of june.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

Yay or nay?
:facepalm: Nay

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I think this is a great idea. Would give that feel that pretty much every 82 regular season game is important. Could mean we would get to see some more intense games in the regular season for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad