Iceland beats Armenia 50-0 in WJC D-Pool (U20 Div III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
reidy said:
Was that Trinidad & Tobago with the drums? Or was that Team Jamaica?

So yeah, did Ovechkin model his game after Gunnar Stahl or what? Don't even get me started on the Adam Banks - Sid Crosby similarities... I think SC had a big-time love affair with him, personally. Very similar games.

IIRC, Gunnar likes to go high glove. Ovechkin likes the short side.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
reidy said:
What about the kid who couldn't stop? You're telling me you have the class of American talent, and you take a kid with Kessel-esque wheels who can't stop? What in the hell...?

Louis Gonzalez

"I stopped! :)"
"Put it in Louis!!!"

reidy

@reidjjackson
The more I think about this movie, the more angry I become.

Julie "The Cat" Gafney was playing with the boys?

Why take TWO tough guys when there's no fighting? Fulton Reed was sufficient.

The black kid with the knuckle puck? Ever actually SHOOT a knuckle puck? It isn't very effective at all. Plus, HE COMES OVER THE BLUELINE WHEN HE SHOOTS THAT PUCK IN THE FINAL! THAT'S ILLEGAL!

And last but certainly not least, the flying V was just asking for trouble. Didn't they go off-sides every play? Damn Disney paying off those refs.

jaydub*

reidy said:
Was that Trinidad & Tobago with the drums? Or was that Team Jamaica?

So yeah, did Ovechkin model his game after Gunnar Stahl or what? Don't even get me started on the Adam Banks - Sid Crosby similarities... I think SC had a big-time love affair with him, personally. Very similar games.

it was trinidad and tobago - and their jerseys were tie-dyed

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Wolf Stansson actually had a 23 second hat trick in the third, all on slapshot from his own end.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Murderworks said:
Wolf Stansson actually had a 23 second hat trick in the third, all on slapshot from his own end.

umm....read the scoresheet you goof

speaking of which, i'm really impressed with Stahl's 3 minute short handed hat trick early in the 2nd

reidy

@reidjjackson
Do you think Stahl's done enough to pass Kessel for the #1 spot?

Personally, I think if the Blues get that #1 pick, they'll take Gunnar, because he is IMO the more complete player right now. Kessel's upside is greater, though.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
reidy said:
Do you think Stahl's done enough to pass Kessel for the #1 spot?

Personally, I think if the Blues get that #1 pick, they'll take Gunnar, because he is IMO the more complete player right now. Kessel's upside is greater, though.

I dunno, Kessel's stats are kind of padded from that 5pt game he had against Norway..

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Whichever one of Kessel or Stahl can master the triple deke, will be the first pick overall. Anyone with that kind of talent would have to be considered the best prospect to come along since Gordon Bombay.

littleD

If anyone is really interested in the stats of the game, click on the team links for stats.

One player for Iceland actually went without a point, but was +13.

Gauti Thormodsson had 16 points and was +15. Emil Alengaard had 9 goals.

Armenia had two players at -35.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
I would have loved to have heard the Armenian coach's speech to his guys at the second intermission:
"Sure, we're down by 30 goals, but if we can pop 10 quick goals in the first few minutes, we are right back in this thing ! Come on boys, let's go get 'em!"

GoneAway

I remember when I was playing high school, we played in an international tournement (international meaning, 10 local teams, 4 from europe and the rest from other parts of Canada).

Our team played the Great Britan under 18 squad in the round Robin. We beat them 4-2.

By no means any of our players were international calibre (I think one guy played like 6 games in the QMJHL).

However we did beat Richard Zednik's old club team in the finals :propeller

anyways all this to say theses 4rth rate international tournements are not strong at all

lemieux32*

Metallian said:
50 goals, 0 assists, +46 rating, 52:00 icetime

How do you score every goal in a shutout and not have your +/- equal the number of goals? Think about it.

GoneAway

lemieux32 said:
How do you score every goal in a shutout and not have your +/- equal the number of goals? Think about it.

Its called a Powerplay...learn the game

lemieux32*

Lordchezz said:
Its called a Powerplay...learn the game

A) D'oh, wasn't even thinking about PP's

B) Maybe you can be a bit more sanctimonious next time. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad