ICE Hockey League 2022-2023

Renton26

Jul 27, 2022
Greetings all, new member here. One question for the group. What is the status of The Bratislava Capitals. ? They have seemed to have only one player signed for the past few weeks

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Bolzano is arming up:

Meanwhile the contract between Vienna Capitals and Mark Auk has been termined:

LucaIT

Aug 6, 2022
austria.png

Does not play in the first day:
HK Olimpija

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
There are a lot of question marks but i think Olimpija put decent forward top 9 group together, naturally they can not compete with rich ICEHL clubs and import 0.5 ppg Liiga players or better and such but i think they ll be able to score goals.

Completely random lines:

Pance - Dodero - Vallerand
Kapel - Cimzar - Gareffa
Zajc - Simsic - Koblar
Sodja - Kalan - Sturm

Defence on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. Gambling on the young guns, i get that, that's the business model here but i think they're 1 or even 2 experienced dmen short, season is long. They can find them later of course.

Curious about the start, Sivic's surprise pressure start is out of the hat now, opponents are ready but one thing is for sure, they ll be physically ready and will skate a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I agree. Pretending that Slovakia can afford to have 12 pro teams is just pathetic. I guess 6-8 teams joining ICEHL and creating "Slovak" division within that league would be much more interesting.

Reactions: Lackhalak

Lackhalak

May 26, 2017
I like the growth of ICE. They should look to add teams in Bratislava, Kosice, Milan, Turin, Zagreb and Budapest. All have good ready to go arenas

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I agree. Pretending that Slovakia can afford to have 12 pro teams is just pathetic.
It's not really about that, it's that if a good chunk of the league would leave to play somewhere else it would be a massive hit in terms of prestige, sponsorship revenue and so forth to the rest of the teams.

Sure it would give a better product to the fans of the teams that left but collectively would actually drain the hockey out of incoming money. And there is little to no upside for most teams. Would you pay significantly more for the ticket to see your mid-table team play Salzburg or Bolzano?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
No posts in 2023/24

Unfortunate as the finals are underway and it's going to game 7 Friday.

KAC home to Red Bull Salzburg

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
New sponsor for Olimpija coming from Canada, Alexandre Lefebvre - businessman married to a Slovene lady (where have I heard similar story before :huh:)

Let's see if it is for real or some fishy business

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
New sponsor for Olimpija coming from Canada, Alexandre Lefebvre - businessman married to a Slovene lady (where have I heard similar story before :huh:)

Let's see if it is for real or some fishy business
Let's hope something good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad