News Article: Ian White

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well if he did it was a silly notion to put one guy incharge of it. Almost as bad as me being incharge of employee company pension for workers in a major company. There must be a way to have the league run it or hook up with another major pension plan such as the teachers, or government workers.
I'm sure it's more closely monitored now.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I do not know any present Toronto Maple Leafs personally. I am too old and they are too young.

Salming, Corson, Friar tuck, or the "friar", gilmour, clark, salming, list goes on and on.

And yeah, if you wanted to play, there were things 'available'.

And please, don't shoot the messenger

I have read some nice comments lately and cannot express my "love" if you catch the drift..

Tonights game should be a dandy.....

Freddy versus who?

gotta say freddy doing what he is doing and nazem doing what he is doing? Hmmmm.

By the way, I hit Alan Eagleson as hard as I could, back when he was still considered a good guy.

Did he take it? My god, he took it better than anyone I ever hauled off on..

Guy had a pair let me tell ya.. You had to have a pair to rip off the nicest guy to ever lace em up.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
My best friend and I at age six made a pact, one way or the other, we were going to be integral in Maple Leafdom...

We both made good.

He became the NHL's youngest GM, for years till the Arizona guy and Dubas.

I was on my way to being an NHL player and my mother, put a kibash to that, and my music career, so I went pro in another sport.

Third love won out..

But I sold my shares in a company along with two buddies and we created the unofficial leaf clubhouse..

A very nice bar and restaurant at the distillery...

But in between those events, I had a very hot gf, that all the top leafs loved to hit on, for some reason, she always stayed true to me, but those buds, always came to me, wondering who the heck I was, to have such a hottie.

I started throwing parties, and I invited all the Leafs, most of them showed, and hence, ultra hot women showed and it just became a thing.

I had a fight in grade seven, in ottawa, with my best friend...

good old days when kids were kids and men were men...

The fight lasted over an hour, not many breaks, what was the fight about?

Me, insisting to the poor guy, that the Leafs were better than the Canadiens.

He didn't want the fight, but I did, didn't matter than I had skipped two years of school and was two years younger than him and that he was the toughest guy his age, in Ottawa, maybe Canada.

I threw a bomb at him and it commenced...After twenty minutes, the school shut down and the principal was the biggest cheerleader..

POLICE showed up as well and seeing that neither of us was in serious condition at that point, joined the lineup, enthralled at two best friends throwing bombs at each other, a la hagler/hearns...

It was pretty dumb on my part, to start a fight, on the merits of the leafs in the 70's. Beyond dumb, but that was how big a fan I was of this team at that time.

That guy I fought, great guy... We became better friends and pretty famous locally for what we did to each other.

He is now a very high up in the RCMP... Won't say his name for obvious reasons.

Funny end to the story, we go home, my face looks like hamburger, he barely has a scratch, my cat takes one look at us and attacks him and did far more damage to him, that I was able to..

Don't mess with a cat owner lol.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
A sixth round puck, he was traded three times for former first rounders.

I recall hearing, but can't confirm, that he publicly called Bettman something like "an idiot who's done nothing for the game" during the lockout, and was consequently blackballed by him. Which may partially explain his lack of help by the league

He did tend to have a very slow start, but improved as the season went on.

I liked him. Wish him the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad