Injury Report: Ian White out 2-3 weeks

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
well, if you're gonna lose you might as well go all out. i guess.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Look, I'm not going to say that I can totally see Quincey panic with the puck in front of the net and slide one past Jimmy... I'll just keep that fear to myself.

LALALALALALALANOTLISTENINGLALALALALALA

:pout::tmi::tmi::pout:

<--- You happy now? I like to use lyrics or quotes that make me laugh, but tbh it's tough to find ones that fit given the limited character #'s. Don't like paraphrasing, and well, this is about as much effort as I will expend to make you happy. :box:

Heh, fair enough.

Did you know I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom? True story.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
For as awful as the injuries are to have, it's a positive that Babcock is going to be able to get a feeling for the skill level of the defensemen that Detroit has. When Lidstrom and Stuart were there, it seems like nobody was really forced to step up and out of their comfort zone because Babcock had a really great d-man who could skate for 30 minutes a night if needed, and he stayed healthy all year.

The depth wasn't really needed too much, but now it is. Now it's quite possible that this team ends up icing half a squad of Grand Rapids d-men if people continue getting injured, and that is scary, but it's also potential for someone like Lashoff to step in and prove to be valuable.

Kindl may finally get his shot at playing a decent amount of hockey, he may finally get that powerplay ice time. Smith may be able to show exactly how valuable he can be (if he ever gets off that line with Quincey, oh my god). This really does give some of these guys time to step up.

The scariest thing about the White injury is that right now Detroit has lost now over half of the ice time they gave out per game to d-men last year. Lidstrom, White, and Stuart combined for almost 70 minutes of ice time per game.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Heh, fair enough.

Did you know I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom? True story.

I did know that, and I believe that Te'o's fake dead girlfriend was involved (before she fake passed away, of course)- thanks Google :thumbu:

Back to the thread topic to preemptively keep Fugu off my back :)- I kind of wonder how Babs will deal with the loss of his lone offensive RH defenseman. I was hoping he would move Nose off the point on the PP, but with White out, I don't think that's happening now.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Back to the thread topic to preemptively keep Fugu off my back :)- I kind of wonder how Babs will deal with the loss of his lone offensive RH defenseman. I was hoping he would move Nose off the point on the PP, but with White out, I don't think that's happening now.

Eh, a little levity never hurt anyone. :thumbu:

Babcock is going to have to leave his "RH shot on the PP point" crusade behind eventually, and simply focus on getting the most effective players out there.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Eh, a little levity never hurt anyone. :thumbu:

Babcock is going to have to leave his "RH shot on the PP point" crusade behind eventually, and simply focus on getting the most effective players out there.

Pretty sure we're going to need a little levity (or a ton of it) this season, between the games themselves and then the mind-numbing, incessant posts by a few here pushing some kind of roster or coaching agenda and using a scorched-earth tactic on any who disagree. Those posts are awesome. :nod:

Just like it's taking Babs a while to split up the forward lines and D pairings that weren't working (seemed to notice a little progress on those fronts in the 3rd last night), it seems to be taking a while for him and Renney to adjust their PP ideas and lineups. Not sure how long the 0-fer has to go before they go to "best guys on the ice in their normal positions" but I'll set the over-under at 0 for 25.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Is detroit the only team without right handed defensemen and right handed centers?

White is our only righthanded D and he is out :(

I think Brunner, Eaves, Sammy and Tootoo are all righties, but yes, no Cs, only Ws.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I was hoping he would move Nose off the point

XLLBmQD.jpg

HTT3*

Everyone wanted Kindl to get a fair shake to prove he deserves to be here... this is his chance.

Mount Royal

Achtung, baby
May 11, 2010
Montreal
Every freaking winter the Wings get hit with a ton of injuries.

I really hope Kenny is at least thinking of going for Subban right now, particularly with most of our D out.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Every freaking winter the Wings get hit with a ton of injuries.

I really hope Kenny is at least thinking of going for Subban right now, particularly with most of our D out.

Filppula (with an extension) + Quincey + prospect of their choice for Subban's rights/ with contract extension :D

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Anyone know if Ericsson will be ready to go Friday? Or does this mean Almqvist is going to get the call?

I wouldn't mind trying these pairings if Ericsson is ready to go,

Kronwall-Lashoff
Smith-Ericsson
Quincey-Huskins

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Filppula would probably be a realistic piece, which is unfortunate because I don't like the Wings offence this year and he's got plenty of skill.

:laugh: I know. That isn't nearly enough to get him, but it is already too much depth for us to give up without being even worse for making the trade. What a predicament!

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Well, short of actually shooting the puck into their own net past a surprised Howard, I don't see how much more of a decline we could possibly see.
i was thinking the same.

we have already seen kronwall softly pass the puck to an opponent in the slot, and every one of quincey's shifts.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Filppula (with an extension) + Quincey + prospect of their choice for Subban's rights/ with contract extension :D

I have be honest a decent size offer sheet by the Wings is a lot different than it has appeared in the past. Montreal might actully be tempted if it is high enough to collect picks. A part of the Weber saga was the Preds had to be pretty sure with Weber the Flyers picks woud be garbage in terms of chances at a decently high first rounder. If you look at the Wings and really believe they are in the spiral many claim. Would you not be more intereste in their picks?

There is quite a bit more analysis to be done if you're Montreal which is still a ways off in this rebuild. The idea of two top ten picks for a couple years (I don't think it would happen but they can at least discuss it) has to be intriguing.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I have be honest a decent size offer sheet by the Wings is a lot different than it has appeared in the past. Montreal might actully be tempted if it is high enough to collect picks. A part of the Weber saga was the Preds had to be pretty sure with Weber the Flyers picks woud be garbage in terms of chances at a decently high first rounder. If you look at the Wings and really believe they are in the spiral many claim. Would you not be more intereste in their picks?

There is quite a bit more analysis to be done if you're Montreal which is still a ways off in this rebuild. The idea of two top ten picks for a couple years (I don't think it would happen but they can at least discuss it) has to be intriguing.

A bigger part of the saga was that Nashville might not have been able to match the dollar amount, that will not be a problem for Montreal. Also if they let PK go they'd have to assume we'd improve and finish around 5-6 in the West (After all we are talking about professional general managers not posters on HF where the sky is falling)
So they'd be getting mid/late picks for the future of their blue-line
IMO an offersheet from any team would be matched by Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad