Injury Report: Ian White out 2-3 weeks

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Wow..................the hits just keep on coming. White was atleast solid.

Cant score goals

and you have no defense.

These next seven games will determine if we are legit contenders for Seth Jones.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
I thought injuries would be an issue for the Wings coming off the short training camp (and it is, look at all the groin pulls), but they are having some bad luck on top of it.

Ericsson steps on a puck, White's knee gets cut by Howard's skate, Bert's mono-scare/real flu, Coca Cola being who he is. Seriously, this is a poop sandwich without the bread that the Wings are being served at this point.

If you break the season down, Detroit needs to average 14 points every quarter (12 games) of the season to make the playoffs. In other words, we need to win 6 of our next 9 to keep up an the pace of an 8 seed.

If the team doesn't turn around the scoring issues and injury luck quick, there wont be enough time to make it up.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
At least Helm, Bert and Kindl are back Friday. (so there will still be six guys for defense)

This one is awfully bad luck though..

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
That's really bad news for a team that hasn't had any good news going back to last year's trade deadline. The Silver Lining is if we're as bad as we look we'll have a solid shot at acquiring an elite defenseman. That hasn't happened via free agency or trades so if we're ever going to acquire one again it will likely be the same way we acquired Nick Lidstrom.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
He's the more experienced puck-mover out of the group, and I do think losing him is a little worse than losing, say, Kindl or Quincey.

We'll see what happens on Friday - but I'm not expecting any huge decline in the defense from what we've seen so far.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
The White-Huskins pairing was exponentially better then the Smith-KFQ pair.

This is a good point. The Quincey-Smith pairing has been terrible. You have to wonder what it will take to get it broken up. I also liked what little I saw from Cola. It's probably for the best he got injured so soon as we probably would have missed him more if he could have stayed healthy for more than 1.5 games. :help:

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
We'll see what happens on Friday - but I'm not expecting any huge decline in the defense from what we've seen so far.

Well, short of actually shooting the puck into their own net past a surprised Howard, I don't see how much more of a decline we could possibly see.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The injuries just don't stop.

Kronwall-Ericsson
Quincey-Smith :)facepalm:)
Huskins-Kindl/Lashoff

?

I don't think Ericsson is cleared to play yet. There's a chance we'll play our 7th, 8th D plus an AHL signing in the 4th game of the season. Just laughable.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Your mouth -- shut it. :p: ;)

(also, you should change your user info to "Likes Lumpy Oatmeal")

Look, I'm not going to say that I can totally see Quincey panic with the puck in front of the net and slide one past Jimmy... I'll just keep that fear to myself.

<--- You happy now? I like to use lyrics or quotes that make me laugh, but tbh it's tough to find ones that fit given the limited character #'s. Don't like paraphrasing, and well, this is about as much effort as I will expend to make you happy. :box:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad