Speculation: Ian Cole

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd take him on the leafs for 3mil or so. Basically a Hainsey replacement after this season

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jackets wanna re-sign him. Wouldn't be surprised if they've already been in contact with his agent and are trying to work a deal out to keep him

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
I have no actual insider info but he seems like the kind of player that some teams would covet and there will be a little bit of a smaller scale bidding war for him. I bet someone steps up and gives him like 4.5 mil/per. This is his last chance to cash in probably and I'm sure he will probably go for the highest bidder. At this point if Columbus hasn't stepped up and matched his asking price I would think it's a long shot that he returns there.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
The Devils have to make a move on Defense they need all the help either via trade or free agency,Toronto or New Jersey best fit for Ian Cole.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
If the Pens were going to go out and sign a defender (and it looks like they are), Cole is the guy I’d want. He becone a tad overvalued during his time as a Penguin, but he’s still a solid player.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Incorrect. Cole is a much, much better player.

Based on what exactly?

Purely defensively, I agree. I don't think he's MUCH better though. Cole, while not as bad as Johnson, is still prone to some very "wtf" moments and CLEAR bad "reads". He is a bit more aggressive and is a bit more efficient with his physical play than Johnson.

Johnson has the edge skating wise and with the puck, either in the offensive zone or breaking it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad