Rumor: Ian Cole to the Canucks for 2 years...AAV? Canucks to sign a "Very tall" D-man

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Why sign a very tall defenseman when you can get one already under contract for free? Why not corner the market on tall defensemen named Myers? That’s right: Philippe Myers is the player you’re looking for!

…hello?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
A couple of Canuck tidbits today.

Friedman has expressed multiple times that the Canucks and Ian Cole is something he is expecting to happen next week.

Then theres Patrick Johnston who is a Canuck media and has broken signings before with the Canucks. He says Canucks are going to sign a "Very Tall Dman"

Lots of UFA players fit the profile tho, who could it be?

Soucy? Dumoulin? Mikkola? Mayfield?

Extension for Tyler Myers.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Probably Carson Soucy who they had interest. Should trade their 11th for Hanifin or Pesce to upgrade their top 4th

Hughes-Pesce
Soucy-Hronek
Hirose-Myers

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What did y’all do to the hockey Gods to be such a poorly run franchise? Ian Cole?

With term?

But why?

If y’all had just given Brock his QA on a one year deal last summer, he’d have been traded at 50% retained at the 2023 TDL for a middling draft pick. Would have $6.65mm in cap space for the next two years.

The same issue with Ian cole will happen next summer. You don’t do term deals with guys like Cole. The slow motion train wreck decisions Vancouvers front office makes are obvious and hard to watch.

The unforced errors your FO makes are mind numbing.

Last edited:

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
I mean....I wouldn't hate it
I mean if we ended up getting Tryamkin, Soucy and Cole, that’d be huge… literally. Don’t see Tryamkin coming back to Van though, he really didn’t like the weed everywhere.

Reactions: Cogburn

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wasn't there a tall Russian D in Vancouver that went back to Russia? Maybe him? His last name started with a T IIRC.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
What did y’all do to the hockey Gods to be such a poorly run franchise? Ian Cole?

With term?

But why?

If y’all had just given Brock his QA on a one year deal last summer, he’d have been traded at 50% retained at the 2023 TDL for a middling draft pick. Would have $6.65mm in cap space for the next two years.

The same issue with Ian cole will happen next summer. You don’t do term deals with guys like Cole. The slow motion train wreck decisions Vancouvers front office makes are obvious and hard to watch.

The unforced errors your FO makes are mind numbing.
Dude again I ask what is your obsession with Vancouver? Good on winning a cup nobody can take that but let's not sugar coat the fact the Avs peaked and your roster has gotten weaker the last two years and since you guy might be the shittiest drafting team in hockey have fun getting back on top.
Seriously, after Makar, Mak, Rants, you have nothing that is anything special. You hit lightning in a bottle for 1 season and the exodus began.
Bo had 1 stretch in the playoffs in0uinn, he sure didn't look anywhere near his level.

You make fun of our roster, you mention Brock in this post when he would be #4 in points on the avs last season.
Your big add this year is a washed up lazy player a rebuilding team with no cap issues retained 50% just to be rid of him.

The funniest thing is you talk about bad moves but we have 1 player 30 or older signed for next season and he's only been top 20 in scoring over the last 4 years.

Ian Cole who likely signs for cheap for two years is hardly a move that would have any negative effect, I mean he's no Brad Hunt or Dennis Malgin but funny how he seems to be coveted by strong teams like TB and even the Avs.

End of the day we have a ton of cap this year and going forward, we are the 3rd youngest team with elite pieces in all the important places and a GM in Alvin who has purged a lot of Bennings mistakes.

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
You just know this is a directive from that fat faced idiot Jerry Jones wannabe owner.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Cole made 3m in Tampa last year, is he expected to command a similar cap hit on a potential multi year deal or can he be had for cheaper?

I am okay with having Cole but short term and under 3m I would hope. Otherwise go with a younger guy in Soucy maybe depending on his contract demands!

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Cole made 3m in Tampa last year, is he expected to command a similar cap hit on a potential multi year deal or can he be had for cheaper?

I am okay with having Cole but short term and under 3m I would hope. Otherwise go with a younger guy in Soucy maybe depending on his contract demands!
Cole @ something like 2-2.5 x 2 is palatable

Reactions: Canuck86

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Dude again I ask what is your obsession with Vancouver? Good on winning a cup nobody can take that but let's not sugar coat the fact the Avs peaked and your roster has gotten weaker the last two years and since you guy might be the shittiest drafting team in hockey have fun getting back on top.
Seriously, after Makar, Mak, Rants, you have nothing that is anything special. You hit lightning in a bottle for 1 season and the exodus began.
Bo had 1 stretch in the playoffs in0uinn, he sure didn't look anywhere near his level.

You make fun of our roster, you mention Brock in this post when he would be #4 in points on the avs last season.
Your big add this year is a washed up lazy player a rebuilding team with no cap issues retained 50% just to be rid of him.

The funniest thing is you talk about bad moves but we have 1 player 30 or older signed for next season and he's only been top 20 in scoring over the last 4 years.

Ian Cole who likely signs for cheap for two years is hardly a move that would have any negative effect, I mean he's no Brad Hunt or Dennis Malgin but funny how he seems to be coveted by strong teams like TB and even the Avs.

End of the day we have a ton of cap this year and going forward, we are the 3rd youngest team with elite pieces in all the important places and a GM in Alvin who has purged a lot of Bennings mistakes.

Never skip your afternoon nap.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Spoilers:

It’s gonna be Ian Cole + Adam Foote’s son + Teddy Blueger up front

2 Rutherford boys + parent of player on the coaching staff’s boy

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Wasn't there a tall Russian D in Vancouver that went back to Russia? Maybe him? His last name started with a T IIRC.
Tryamkin would actually be a good option at this point. Much better option than Cole.

Main reason he left is because his wife didn’t like it here. At the time he was the only Russian on the team. Now with so many Russians on the team (Pod, Kuz, Mikheyev, possibly Kravtsov returning in the future), it would make it easier.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad