Rumor: Ian Cole to the Canucks for 2 years...AAV? Canucks to sign a "Very tall" D-man

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
No thanks to Mayfield. He's slowed down a lot the past couple of seasons. Cal Foote would be fine on a short term low contract. I don't think he's more than a 6th defenseman at this point.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Dude again I ask what is your obsession with Vancouver? Good on winning a cup nobody can take that but let's not sugar coat the fact the Avs peaked and your roster has gotten weaker the last two years and since you guy might be the shittiest drafting team in hockey have fun getting back on top.
Seriously, after Makar, Mak, Rants, you have nothing that is anything special. You hit lightning in a bottle for 1 season and the exodus began.
Bo had 1 stretch in the playoffs in0uinn, he sure didn't look anywhere near his level.

You make fun of our roster, you mention Brock in this post when he would be #4 in points on the avs last season.
Your big add this year is a washed up lazy player a rebuilding team with no cap issues retained 50% just to be rid of him.

The funniest thing is you talk about bad moves but we have 1 player 30 or older signed for next season and he's only been top 20 in scoring over the last 4 years.

Ian Cole who likely signs for cheap for two years is hardly a move that would have any negative effect, I mean he's no Brad Hunt or Dennis Malgin but funny how he seems to be coveted by strong teams like TB and even the Avs.

End of the day we have a ton of cap this year and going forward, we are the 3rd youngest team with elite pieces in all the important places and a GM in Alvin who has purged a lot of Bennings mistakes.
It's not just that, he brings up Brock Boeser incessantly.

It makes me wonder if he knows him personally and hates him. Or perhaps he experiences confusing feelings because Brock's a good looking guy. Like there's a weird agenda here.

Tryamkin would actually be a good option at this point. Much better option than Cole.

Main reason he left is because his wife didn’t like it here. At the time he was the only Russian on the team. Now with so many Russians on the team (Pod, Kuz, Mikheyev, possibly Kravtsov returning in the future), it would make it easier.
Tryamkin is a hilarious obsession for low-information Canucks fans (not saying low-info in general, but low info on Tryamkin). He's irrelevant. Has the wrong disposition and isn't even a good player.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
It's not just that, he brings up Brock Boeser incessantly.

It makes me wonder if he knows him personally and hates him. Or perhaps he experiences confusing feelings because Brock's a good looking guy. Like there's a weird agenda here.

Tryamkin is a hilarious obsession for low-information Canucks fans (not saying low-info in general, but low info on Tryamkin). He's irrelevant. Has the wrong disposition and isn't even a good player.
He was a decent #5 defenseman as a 22 year old.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I think Tryamkin has a strong chance of being signed by the Canucks on Saturday.

depends how much and didnt he leave vancouver last time and pouted his way out cuz he thought he derserved better, but ended up playing third pairing mins. and went back to the khl

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
This is like Elliot Friedman style insider reporting.

"Very Tall" is like vaudeville for Canucks fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad