Proposal: Iafallo to the Leafs

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
A 2nd/conditional first and a recent 15th overall pick for Iafallo? Come the hell on. Keep your guy for a playoff race by all means, no need to trade him, but that's slightly better than Coleman got and he was a) an overpay b) on pace for 30 goals, and c) had an extra year on his deal.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Didn’t Toffoli go for a 2nd and a prospect?
Iafallo is better now then when how Toffoli was at the deadline last year. Also Iafallo is a first line lw where Toffoli was 2nd rw This is why i think Iafallo has more value then Toffoli did

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Iafallo is better now then when how Toffoli was at the deadline last year. Also Iafallo is a first line lw where Toffoli was 2nd rw This is why i think Iafallo has more value then Toffoli did
eh, Iafallo is having a better year than Toffoli did last year but their value is pretty similar as a rental. i know he might be playing on your 1st line but i wouldnt call Iafallo a 1st liner.

Iaffalo might get a 1st as a rental, if moved. but 2nd and good prospect similar to Toffoli's deal seems more realistic.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
A 2nd/conditional first and a recent 15th overall pick for Iafallo? Come the hell on. Keep your guy for a playoff race by all means, no need to trade him, but that's slightly better than Coleman got and he was a) an overpay b) on pace for 30 goals, and c) had an extra year on his deal.

From the kings pov we are moving our top line winger (one of our few established players that isnt geriatric) while nudging the playoffs.

The pick is probably a late 2nd and the prospect is not a sure thing (although an attractive asset) We are also retaining 50% at a time when team incomes are struggling.

I dont think it is that unfair of a trade.

Whether it is the right player for the leafs or not i dont know.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
From the kings pov we are moving our top line winger (one of our few established players that isnt geriatric) while nudging the playoffs.

The pick is probably a late 2nd and the prospect is not a sure thing (although an attractive asset) We are also retaining 50% at a time when team incomes are struggling.

I dont think it is that unfair of a trade.

Whether it is the right player for the leafs or not i dont know.
Dude there is no scenario where Iafallo is worth a five month recent 15th overall pick.

Iafallo is a 20g/50p winger. That’s a perfectly nice asset, especially if he plays with jam and PK’s. But we got that pick from the Penguins along with a prospect roughly worth that late second for two years of Kasperi Kapanen (and he’s an RFA when his current deal ends). Kapanen is younger, has more upside (he’s on a 60p pace for the Pens) and has multiple years of team control left. He plays with jam and PK’s. And on top of that, everyone agreed that Rutherford was fleeced. I was expecting a late first.

Amirov is an outrageous asking price for Iafallo.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Flyers would do that for Laughton. If you look, Laughton is great at ES....tied for 50th in the league. All his points the last 2 years are at ES.

And if course he is a PKer instead of a PP guy.

Iafallo and Kopitar are LA's top PK unit, so what's your point? In Iafallo, you get a guy who can play in all situations.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Iafallo and Kopitar are LA's top PK unit, so what's your point? In Iafallo, you get a guy who can play in all situations.
I was pointing out that Laughton produces at a high ES rate...top 50 in the league this year.

He doesn't get the chance on the PP that others do...not just Iafallo...but on our own team. It was nothing against Ia. Just producing knowledge to people who might only look at total points...not it broken down to ES, PP, SH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad