Proposal: Iafallo to the Leafs

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
he is a UFA at the end of the season and has a 2.425 cap hit
so I am thinking a 2nd+1 of Neimela/Amivov for Iafallo@50% maybe conditional 1st if we go deep in the playoffs
With his salary being 1.21@50% that means we wouldn't need to include any salary going back

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
he is a UFA at the end of the season and has a 2.425 cap hit
so I am thinking a 2nd+1 of Neimela/Amivov for Iafallo@50% maybe conditional 1st if we go deep in the playoffs
With his salary being 1.21@50% that means we wouldn't need to include any salary going back

Thats a pretty decent offer, if LA dont plan on re signing him (for some weird reason) then i wouldnt be too upset with that.

well done op

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Very fair offer. Well thought out. If we lose a few more I would listen.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
As a Leafs fan, it seems like a lot from us which means that it’s probably a pretty good proposal. Don’t think Kings are going to move him unless their team declines significantly and misses the playoffs.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
As a Kings fan that's... actually not bad value

I'd rather we lock up Iafallo long-term... and that's likely to happen, I think

but Amirov + 2nd

If the Kings can't re-sign Iafallo, I'd probably take that.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Are the Kings still after LD?

There's been speculation over the last few years about Dermott and the Kings.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Probably works, Blake has said that they would like to re-sign him, but obviously, the Kings are ready for contention and are still working on their young players and prospects. I could see Iafallo going to the Leafs and the offer seems around what the asking price would be.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It's hard to fathom taking a prospect in the middle of the 1st round and then dealing him for a rental 2nd line-type winger 5 months later. Who knows how the league views Amirov, but Toronto would would have some soul-searching to do if it's fallen off like that.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
All depends on what Iafallo wants for his next contract. If he wants a big raise than I take this deal

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
LA is flirting with a playoff spot and Iafallo is a perfect fit on the top line. Not a bad offer but I'd rather see him re-signed
Good rental candidate high of Leafs list, idk what LA is planning on doing but if I'm them I'm trying to get this guy extended now.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Iafallo would be great on the Leafs. Hes like a less nasty Hyman. Youd have two prime examples of that type of player. One in the top six and one in the bottom six. Would be great for a playoff run because those guys always come to play and can get the team going. I can see him fitting in well on the Islanders also.
With that said, hes not having his best year. Also think the Kings are going to sign him. Hes well liked by the organization.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
as awesome he would be I dont think Id be happy with including either one of those prospects unless we resign him
as a rental. I dunno I might be a little biased but feels kinda steep. Im sure Leafs could figure it out and keep Amirov and Niemela
considering how thin Leafs are in RHD Niemela prob a long shot to be moved.
maybe Hirvonen + or ++

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
5th for exclusive negotiating rights with Iafallo...5th negated to Amirov+2nd in 2021 for Iafallo at 50%.

That way you pay for a player you will very probably not only rent but keep and re-sign at an agreed amount.

If you fail the negotiation, you (Toronto) lose just a 5th rounder.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Did someone say Iafrate?
al-iafrate-haircut.png

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If I'm Toronto and giving up good assets I don't think I'd start with LW. Maybe a goalie or another defenseman might be higher priorities?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers would do that for Laughton. If you look, Laughton is great at ES....tied for 50th in the league. All his points the last 2 years are at ES.

And if course he is a PKer instead of a PP guy.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
If I'm Toronto and giving up good assets I don't think I'd start with LW. Maybe a goalie or another defenseman might be higher priorities?

Leafs have had a hole in the top 6 pretty much all year, getting a a guy to play with Tavares and Nylander is probably the aim.

a 2nd plus Amirov is a pretty steep price for a UFA though

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Leafs have had a hole in the top 6 pretty much all year, getting a a guy to play with Tavares and Nylander is probably the aim.

a 2nd plus Amirov is a pretty steep price for a UFA though

A 2nd AND Amirov for a guy like Iafallo, IS AN INSANE PRICE. NO THANKS! Making idiotic moves like that in the past where the Leafs traded good picks and prospects for decent not great players to 'win now' is why the Leafs have been so bad for so many years.

I'd rather just give Gally and Robertson a chance to play than waste assets on a LW that isn't a very high priority position for the Leafs to fix. On the otherhand Dubas needs to get his ass in gear in finding a good goalie to platoon with Campbell and move Andersen for ANYTHING if he still can.

Reactions: grapes55

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
If Dubas trades any valuable assets for anything other than a competent goaltender he needs to be fired. There's no way he can watch Andersen and come to the conclusion "yup, biggest need is definitely another forward". Maybe if Campbells health wasn't a giant question mark going forward and it hadn't prevented the team from even having a large enough sample size to make an educated assessment on Jack, a forward could be the top priority. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
LA looking for young d correct? preferably left side? If it weren't just picks & B/C prospects something like Dermott+ (L) + for Iafallo (50% retained) or Liljegren (R) for Iafallo+ (@50%), or even Amirov for Iafallo+ (@50%) but he's a forward prospect and LA looks loaded up with those.

In the Dermott/Liljegren deals I'd personally like to see MacDermid be apart of it somehow.

The Leafs would have to have another D deal lined up if Dermott or Liljegren were moved though, I'd hope for Oleksiak from Dallas if they fail to make any ground in Standings.

Think Toronto would prefer to give up pick(s) and possibly B/C prospect(s) but if LA insisted on one of those 2 they should at least listen & consider making it work if Iafallo was who they wanted.

Amirov or Liljegren's worth should be considered a mid 1st round pick.

My Guess is Iafallo is worth about a late 1st, so those deals with Iaffalo+ the + would be whatever gets a team from late 1st round to mid 1st round, or whatever gets a team from Iafallo value to mid 1st round. If I'm the Leafs I'd prefer just dealing their 1st round pick for him, that or a conditional 2nd that could become a 1st & b/c prospect(s).

Last edited:

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
What’s up with these bad Proposals involving the leafs and kings where the leafs get fleeced? I mean I like a Leaf Fleecing just as much as the next guy but yeesh

Iafollo is not worth A recently selected mid 1st rounder let alone adding a 2nd to said prospect

something more along the lines of 2nd + Mikhail Abramov with conditions on the pick tied to how far the team goes in the playoffs that allow it to get to a 1st if they say make it to the cup finals or something like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad