Post-Game Talk: I Will Have The Soup With That Win

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
This was a perfect example of why "game management" is bad. The Jets spent the entire game getting away with interference, hooks, trips, and many other penalties. They would not expect to get called for it in OT. Then once they cleared that penalty, they knew they'd never get a second. That leads to attempting to injure Matthews by boarding him from behind. Then hitting Campbell in the hands well after the play was over. Very targeted against the stars. f*** this dirty team, I hope they cry long and hard tonight.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Poor Winterpeg Thrashers. Have to eat another tough L.

The Boards are a better place when the Leafs beat Winlesspeg.

Also Helle-Luck got saved by the post. Gally is looking really good as a leaf so far.

Reactions: LeafSadist

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Seemed more even tonight than our past few games vs. them. Both goalies were huge.

PP is a big concern.

That it couldn’t even convert at 4 on 3 with more ice and all of Mats, JT, Marner, and Willy on the ice is really concerning. I get that they were facing off against the reigning Vezina winner but come on.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Team looked a bit off it’s game but still got it done. That’s why we’re the best team in the North.

Campbell with a sparkling performance.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Campbell is on fire. Got me worried when they said he got up slowly from a save.

The team didn't look as sharp as Wednesday but a road win in the damned shootout anyways.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seemed more even tonight than our past few games vs. them. Both goalies were huge.

PP is a big concern.

PP is just too fancy at times. Not picking on anyone in particular, but I see Matthews at the top of the circle bearing down on the net and he's deking a mile a minute only to leave the puck for Marner to rinse and repeat, but this time, Marner's doing his own signature move. Like why are those seconds of PP time being burned up on skill displays and not to move the puck around to open up shooting and passing lanes? Just fancy for the sake of fancy.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
My post got moved to pre game thread. Weird.

Feels great man.

I'd say maybe first game Campbell stole. Even though we had more HD chances.

Spezza what a goal in skills comp.

Let's go get those Flames.

Screenshot_20210227-214727_Twitter.jpg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Man, Dubois also sucks. He looks like a shadow of the player he was in the playoff bubble. Seems like "The Shift" angered the Hockey Gods and they took away some of his talent...

Reactions: Leaftors

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
That it couldn’t even convert at 4 on 3 with more ice and all of Mats, JT, Marner, and Willy on the ice is really concerning. I get that they were facing off against the reigning Vezina winner but come on.

I mean, at least the OT pp looked good. For me, it's the other powerplays that concern me far more. Unlike the OT pp, they werent getting into the zone, or set up, or generating basically any quality chances

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
You gotta feel for Mikheyev. He played so well tonight and was so good in his zone... plus he doesn't complain about his role either. He's learned that this year, he can't score goals so what does he do? He adapts. He sets his captain up for a point blank chance only to see him beat the goalie and hit post. Can't help but laugh.

Reactions: kb and Chief keefe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad