Post-Game Talk: I Will Have The Soup With That Win

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
When was the last time we had a goalie be the first star that was not named jack Campbell....?

great performance by jack. Stole us 2 pts in a game we probably didn’t deserve a single in my opinion. Nice to be on the other end of that storyline for a change

It was a closely played game and both teams could have walked away with 2 points. Not sure why the Leafs didn't deserve them.

Reactions: BigGulpsEh

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

This kind of nonsense on Matthews needs to stop. Next time someone like Copp thinks it's open season on Auston Matthews, someone needs to feed him a knuckle sandwich.

Reactions: The Cobra

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Didn't deserve a single point? The Leafs had far more dangerous offensive chances than Winnipeg did.

Why didn't they deserve a point? Hellebuyck played just as well as Campbell did. He stopped more total shots and high end attempts.
It was a closely played game and both teams could have walked away with 2 points. Not sure why the Leafs didn't deserve them.

I should have been more clear. In a tie game Campbell made 2 outstanding saves on Dubois and Connor that more often than not end up in the back of your net. Among other big saves. Those 2 in particular were complete breakdowns in our own end that should have cost us the game, and realistically should have left us without a single point in the game. It was a pretty even game aside from that. I guess what I am trying to say is that not all HDCF are weighted equally in my mind. Those 2 HDCF the Jets require an elite save, whereas a standard HDCF just requires just a good save. Hellybuck may have faced more HDCA, but I am not sure he was forced to make that high degree of difficulty save. In my mind Jack stole us those points because those 2 breakdowns more often than not will cost you the game when the game is that tight

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Andersen has a sub-.900. The Leafs are in 1st place despite his play, not because of him.

this is exactly what I am talking about. People forget how good Freddy has been at times this season to get the Leafs to where they are.

upload_2021-4-3_22-21-19.png

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Sure...

But Campbell is making history. 8-0 straight? Also, our team was playing much better back when Fred was letting in muffins.. our PP was working and Matthews was RED hot!... lets not forget that either.

which is why I said, "this is a team sport and everyone has to contribute", and Freddy did while playing through pain. I obviously like Campbell and he has played well which is great. All I am saying is lets give the guy who has started 22 games this season some credit too.

upload_2021-4-3_22-22-49.png

Reactions: Popeye7735

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
I respect Freddie but I think we need to roll with the hot hand. Let players earn their playing time.

for sure, even if Freddy gets healthy tomorrow you cant just put him in net. Freddy would need to ramp up to a start with tons of practice. But the Leafs would clearly benefit from 2 healthy goalies come the playoffs. Campbell cant play all the games, lots of back to backs coming up.

All I'm saying is lets not just dump on the guy who started 22 games this season and helped get you to 1st place.

upload_2021-4-3_22-26-51.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad