GDT: i think theres a game tonight

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
That game didn't do anything for Sekera's value, that's for sure. Nice win for the team though. At least they've been pretty good at home this year. Give the fans that go to the games something worthwhile.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
"Leafs lose again but on the bright side they are still in the hunt for the Connor McDavid sweepstakes"

Legitimately the first thing said on Hockey Central

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
This broadcast is absolute trash.

Edit: They just called Semin a defensive liability lmao

I've listened to most away broadcasts since the All-Star game, and most have at most one or two :facepalm: moments. Tonight was just non-stop.

Kessel with the stick smash after the game. Didn't break though.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I learned from the Canes Facebook page that the Canes are "habitual" 9th place finishers, despite not being anywhere close to 9th in four of the past five years.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
I learned from the Canes Facebook page that the Canes are "habitual" 9th place finishers, despite not being anywhere close to 9th in four of the past five years.

To be fair they did finish 9th in 2010-11

But "habitual" is a little bit of an overstatement.

They are more habitual around 12th place - out of the playoffs and out of the real prime prospects.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
To be fair they did finish 9th in 2009-2010.

But "habitual" is a little bit of an overstatement.

They are more habitual around 12th place - out of the playoffs and out of the real prime prospects.

Bingo. And it drives me nuts. They're too good to get the prospects that would push the team back into playoff status, and too cheap and/or too ****** to get there with their current core.

What kills me is even when we do strike gold like in the 2010 draft, something has to come along and **** everything up. Whether it was a stupid trade by JR (Alt) or an Agent (**** you Ritch Winter) something would always go wrong.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm not saying moving Alt wasn't a dumbhead move, but he's not exactly making much progress right now, is he? He'll be 24 at the start of next year, has 6 points this season, and Philadelphia has a crowded/expensive blue line. It seems to be turning into a Dumoulin situation where he's being missed for what we thought he could be, rather than what he actually is. Also, based on those two, maybe it's also a scouting problem in addition to Charlotte/Daniels being not very good? Two separate organizations seem to have failed to develop these guys properly, not to mention Dalpe, Welsh, Boychuk, etc who also spent time elsewhere, albeit sometimes briefly.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Bingo. And it drives me nuts. They're too good to get the prospects that would push the team back into playoff status, and too cheap and/or too ****** to get there with their current core.

What kills me is even when we do strike gold like in the 2010 draft, something has to come along and **** everything up. Whether it was a stupid trade by JR (Alt) or an Agent (**** you Ritch Winter) something would always go wrong.

Funny, I was talking with a Flyers fan yesterday and I asked him about Alt. He thinks the Flyers don't believe Alt "has it." I think he's bouncing up and down between Lehigh Valley and Philadelphia? What would be the difference between him and Jordan?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Potentially not much, potentially he could be what Bellemore is for us now with better skating ability and puck skills.

It's still opportunity missed, and our organization is and has been void of quality depth for a while now.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
To me, arguing that we missed out on Alt, while Murphy hasn't shown an ability to stick at this level, is counterproductive. I agree that we shouldn't sacrifice depth just because...but it's quite possible that JR saw Alt as not having NHL potential when all was said and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad