GDT: I think there is a game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
no one is saying weber is terrible and he is our problem. he needs to step up ES. the eye test and statistics back it up. he still is clearly our best defenseman but when he signed that enormous contract, his play should have been elevated. it hasn't.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
His supporting cast has never been elevated either. Peoplr are looking for something to complain about and "stat" check with a microscope. His on ice play does not reflect anything other than an elite d man on a below average team with outdated coaching schemes.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'm not saying Weber is bad. He is a great defenseman and we are absolutely a better team with him. All I'm saying is we need him to step up and be our best player (as he should be) and a leader who really is dedicated to the team. My issue with him is more he isn't at least outwardly showing good leadership (doesn't stand up for teammates, no "angry Shea", etc.)

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
His supporting cast has never been elevated either. Peoplr are looking for something to complain about and "stat" check with a microscope. His on ice play does not reflect anything other than an elite d man on a below average team with outdated coaching schemes.

This- exactly........

As a team, 5 on 5 we are minus 24- I guess all the Weber haters think that is all his fault. Of course his numbers are not going to be great as far as plus/minus and goals allowed, etc.......

What do you think our 5 on 5 team numbers would be without Weber? A heck of a lot worse than -24, I can guarantee you that.

If all our fans felt about Weber the way some on this board do, I wouldn't blame him for wanting out of Nashville- in any other true hockey market, Weber would be treated like a God- but not on this board.

All I am saying is that with all the problems we have right now, (and there are alot) there shouldn't be one second of talk about Weber being an issue. To quote Jay-Z- "We got 99 problems, but Shea Weber ain't one"......

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
This- exactly........

As a team, 5 on 5 we are minus 24- I guess all the Weber haters think that is all his fault. Of course his numbers are not going to be great as far as plus/minus and goals allowed, etc.......

What do you think our 5 on 5 team numbers would be without Weber? A heck of a lot worse than -24, I can guarantee you that.

If all our fans felt about Weber the way some on this board do, I wouldn't blame him for wanting out of Nashville- in any other true hockey market, Weber would be treated like a God- but not on this board.

All I am saying is that with all the problems we have right now, (and there are alot) there shouldn't be one second of talk about Weber being an issue. To quote Jay-Z- "We got 99 problems, but Shea Weber ain't one"......

how do you explain us giving up significantly less goals per 60 without shea on the ice? im waiting for the quality of competition excuse. klein seems to perform better than shea and at 2.9 million salary. weber is at what a 14 million actual salary.. if you guys can't see the problem there, then ill give up.

and im sure weber on an actual contending team would be much better. his supporting cast is lackluster and not sure how he feels about the coaching staff. but with him being captain and his salary, more is gonna be expected of him, and it should be.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
This- exactly........

kumbaya and bow down to Weber because he can do no wrong. :shakehead You're in the wrong message board and the wrong town. We expect people to work and have heart, esp when they are paid the big bucks ...

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
kumbaya and bow down to Weber because he can do no wrong. :shakehead You're in the wrong message board and the wrong town. We expect people to work and have heart, esp when they are paid the big bucks ...

To even insinuate that a guy like Weber might not be working hard this season is ridiculous. Would the team really be giving a guy not giving working hard or "having heart" the fourth most TOI in the league?

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Weber had Suter as his D-partner for how many years? Last year didn't Weber primarily play with Josi and this year he's played with Jones and perhaps Josi. Neither of those players are currently the caliber of Ryan Suter, Jones certainly has a huge upside but he's just a rookie and will only get better.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
how do you explain us giving up significantly less goals per 60 without shea on the ice? im waiting for the quality of competition excuse. klein seems to perform better than shea and at 2.9 million salary. weber is at what a 14 million actual salary.. if you guys can't see the problem there, then ill give up.

and im sure weber on an actual contending team would be much better. his supporting cast is lackluster and not sure how he feels about the coaching staff. but with him being captain and his salary, more is gonna be expected of him, and it should be.
Night in and night out a Weber plays against the other teams top players at even strength, not Klein. Weber plays the most minutes and the toughest minutes against the best players.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Night in and night out a Weber plays against the other teams top players at even strength, not Klein. Weber plays the most minutes and the toughest minutes against the best players.

so you have zero to say about his lackluster performance ES other than he plays against tough competition? isnt he the highest paid defenseman in the NHL and collected $27 million in one calendar year?

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
To even insinuate that a guy like Weber might not be working hard this season is ridiculous. Would the team really be giving a guy not giving working hard or "having heart" the fourth most TOI in the league?

haha.......this is a fan message board. we can insinuate anything that we feel. Weber is human, don't ya know:laugh:

how much toi someone plays is not an indicator of heart..........

We see the difference in Weber.... We see how he played against Detroit and know he can play that way. And we see all the other games that he doesn't play that way.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Weber is still the best defenseman we have and without him we would be really hurting but I agree w/ the others on the lack of intensity from Weber this year compared to previous years when he was w/ Suter except he was alot better in the Detroit game at least. Maybe w/ the increased energy/intensity from his teammates his beast mode will come out. Except for the last couple games, the whole team's lack of intensity/energy has been evident and may have rubbed off on Weber too but also I personally think he wanted out or preferred to play on a different team (Just my opinion....Just the vibe I get from his demeanor....I could be wrong though.) and so hasn't played to the level we know he can. Hopefully if the team can continue to elevate their game Weber's game will too just like it did in the Detroit game. Imo he was more physical in that game than another other game he played this season or at least the most recent games I have observed. We can only speculate where his heart is at and/or if he is wanting to be at Nashville or traded/go to another team or not but I like to see more intensity from him in general and the beast mode he has displayed in the past that I haven't seen much of this year. I like to see that intensity from the whole team actually. They showed that intensity in the last two games. Hopefully they can keep it up. If not, it's going to be a long boring season.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Weber plays alot of minutes too and maybe w/ Suter it was alot easier for him to go into beast mode because he had Suter to relay on. Now w/o Suter, he has to probably take on more of a role and has more on his shoulder to bare being paired w/ less experienced defensemans which I'm sure can be taxing. So I will just give him the benefit of the doubt but still would like to see more intensity from him and the whole team as except for the last two games the team imo hasn't been as physical and energetic as I would have liked this year.

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
so you have zero to say about his lackluster performance ES other than he plays against tough competition? isnt he the highest paid defenseman in the NHL and collected $27 million in one calendar year?

No because I don't see it. As a whole this team has sucked at 5-5 so of course Weber's going to take a stats hit there since he plays almost half the game.

Why is it Weber's play is lackluster but Josi has been great?

When I watch them play I see Weber covering a lot for Josi, I see Weber carrying the physical load and the total shutdown role.

Weber isn't a great passer, never will be. He's brute force, his offense and defense both rely on that.

I'd love to see Weber's numbers if we had an offense that could effectively pick up his rebounds.

I've seen a lot on here talk about how Weber just not physical this year and I shake my head. He's still consistently playing the body, he's just not throwing that big hit. IMHO, it's because he's been told or just doesn't feel comfortable taking as many risk now.

I know this, you take Weber off our defense and we become physically weak and will be manhandled down low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00