I think it's time to talk about the Wild...

space321

May 11, 2011
I think scandella has regressed. He's still the only big d man, so he's bits it he makes a lot more errors than he used to.

Yah Scandella hasn't played as good as he can since his father passed imo. If he gets back to his level two years ago, he's still a solid #3/4 dman.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No fanbase pumps their own tires more than the Minnesota Wild. Every year it's the same conversation, same threads, and every year they lose in the playoffs. Remarkably, the short memories of Wild fans make them forget that while depth is nice, if you don't have a game-breaking talent on offense then you'll go nowhere.

The Wild are a good team. Well structured, good depth at all positions, but they have no elite offensive talent. Boudreau doesn't change that.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
No fanbase pumps their own tires more than the Minnesota Wild. Every year it's the same conversation, same threads, and every year they lose in the playoffs. Remarkably, the short memories of Wild fans make them forget that while depth is nice, if you don't have a game-breaking talent on offense then you'll go nowhere.

The Wild are a good team. Well structured, good depth at all positions, but they have no elite offensive talent. Boudreau doesn't change that.

I don't think any team has gotten less attention on the main board than Minnesota. This is just wrong.

Columbus, Wild, Rangers are all Top 5 teams now...guess they should just hang em up because if you don't have elite offensive talent you can't win. What a joke. Kings were just brimming with offensive talent when they won those 2 cups, tons of 40 G scorers on that roster. Oh wait.

Also, shouldn't the team who leads the West in goal differential by more than double the next closest team get a little attention? Especially when they are on a 10 game streak and just beat two top teams on the road against Price and King Henrik respectively? Or should be just keep to the HF tradition Of endless threads on Matthews and the Flames?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

Lolz.

Take a lap.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
No fanbase pumps their own tires more than the Minnesota Wild.
There have been a grand total of three Wild threads on the main board the entire season. Two about Dubnyk and this one, only one of the Wild threads was started by a Wild fan. There are some very self absorbed fan bases on HF, I think most neutral observers would not consider Minnesota one of them.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
For me, the most overlooked aspect of the Wild's game is the defensive play of their wingers.

Generally isn't the defensmen and centers who get the credit, and rightly so. But honestly, our wingers are crazy good defensively.

Coyle, Nino, Granlund and Zucker have been fantastic defensively. And you have Pomminville and Parise sitting there as our WORST wingers defensively; and they both have a reputation as solid defensive players. Add that to Koivu and Haula, and to a slightly lesser extent Staal, and you can see why it's just a huge pain in the ass to generate great scoring chances.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Meh

Lets see them make it out of 2nd round ,, Then we can talk about them

Until they show they can go deep in playoffs they are simply just another good regular season team

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Meh

Lets see them make it out of 2nd round ,, Then we can talk about them

Until they show they can go deep in playoffs they are simply just another good regular season team

agreed. Same could be said, but even more so, about the Caps.

I will say that the Central has been very tough to get through in previous years.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

I call bullcrap. No other fanbase is as pessimistic-realistic as Wild's. Minnesota sports fans just know there can't be good things for them. They've seen their teams finding every possible way to lose. Zero expectations ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad