I own one of the Seven Dwarven Rings of Power from LOTR

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
In all seriousness though, I paid $900 for it. It is sterling silver, with a 6 carat Amethyst.

The text around the top says "Hammer that never breaks, and axe that never dulls"

On the inside, there is text that reads "Halls under the mountains, filled with gold"

$900?

brendan_fraser_laugh.gif

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
In all seriousness though, I paid $900 for it. It is sterling silver, with a 6 carat Amethyst.

The text around the top says "Hammer that never breaks, and axe that never dulls"

On the inside, there is text that reads "Halls under the mountains, filled with gold"

ROFL you paid $900 for a $125 ring

1f38680c-809d-4c2b-9d01-f11fc9efced9_zpshpoaxfat.jpg

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I can see the value of this one being raised if it was actually used in the movie.

I wouldn't buy it, personally, but collectors can pay top dollar for that stuff.

If it was never on-screen or anything, though....well, as long as he didn't choose it over a mortgage payment or something lol

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
ROFL you paid $900 for a $125 ring

If CI is serious about paying $900 then holy **** he got ripped off....

Ya Man CarolinasIdentity a bird he spent $900 on a $125 ring LMFAAAOOOOOOOO

Depends whether his has a legit amethyst or a cubic zirconia, like the one in your link.

Edit: TBH it might not make that much difference. Purple amethyst apparently isn't a particularly expensive stone.

must...have...OP's...response. :laugh:
(though he'll probably want $775 for it to make this thread less embarrassing)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Again, I think some people here are looking at it the wrong way. At face value, sure, paying 6 or 7 times the original price would seem....foolish.

But if this is a movie prop, then obviously it's going to hold more value.

Say, for example, someone wanted to buy a game-worn jersey. Obviously it's going to cost more than one you'd get at Sport Chek.

So saying something like "LOL, he paid $800 for a jersey when they're $200 in store, what a moron", it's just a bit short-sighted. ;)

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
Again, I think some people here are looking at it the wrong way. At face value, sure, paying 6 or 7 times the original price would seem....foolish.

But if this is a movie prop, then obviously it's going to hold more value.

Say, for example, someone wanted to buy a game-worn jersey. Obviously it's going to cost more than one you'd get at Sport Chek.

So saying something like "LOL, he paid $800 for a jersey when they're $200 in store, what a moron", it's just a bit short-sighted. ;)

It's not even from anything

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5