Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Gudbranson can still turn into a Seabrook type, 30 point defensive Dman. It's too early to label him yet especially since he has played in a ****** team most of his career without really any help. Also his injuries have slowed him down.

He has no where near the offensive ability that Seabrook has.

If someone on our blueline was to develop to that caliber of player, it would be Petrovic. He at least has some skills with the puck and vision.

Best-case scenario for Gudbranson is a Marc Methot shutdown defensman, but he still has a long way to go before reaching that. He was much improved the first half of this season, but down the stretch he seemed to revert back to his old ways.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

If someone on our blueline was to develop to that caliber of player, it would be Petrovic. He at least has some skills with the puck and vision.

Best-case scenario for Gudbranson is a Marc Methot shutdown defensman, but he still has a long way to go before reaching that. He was much improved the first half of this season, but down the stretch he seemed to revert back to his old ways.

I can only think of two games where Gudbranson was notably bad and was scratched as a result (deservedly so). He was really consistent for the rest of the season.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012

march methot?

i still think gudbranson will fall into the adam foote mold more

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
He's looked decent when his partner wasn't complete trash. In 2012 he was fine when Jovo could still actually play, and this year he was fine as well.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He's looked decent when his partner wasn't complete trash. In 2012 he was fine when Jovo could still actually play, and this year he was fine as well.

Yea seriously. And I thought he looked good with Soupy when Garrison missed some games too.

If you heard Tallon, he loves the RD in this team. He loves Eks, Guds, and Petro from top to the bottom and he even said skaters should think twice about skating towards our RD and should go towards the LD.

The shrimps are over that side (except Mitchell, he is pretty big)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Someone on NHL radio just mentioned that Edmonton MAY look into moving a player (RNH was who they dropped) for a goalie or a defenseman, or a team that could offer both.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Someone on NHL radio just mentioned that Edmonton MAY look into moving a player (RNH was who they dropped) for a goalie or a defenseman, or a team that could offer both.

I think if they move someone significant, it will be Eberle. Yakupov just re-signed, and even so, he wont bring in what the Oilers could get for Eberle. If I was Tallon, Id be working the Oilers hard for Eberle. Without a doubt our 1st and Guds is on the table.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think if they move someone significant, it will be Eberle. Yakupov just re-signed, and even so, he wont bring in what the Oilers could get for Eberle. If I was Tallon, Id be working the Oilers hard for Eberle. Without a doubt our 1st and Guds is on the table.

Well, MacT released the statement a few weeks ago that the core would be there to stay. He for sure did not anticipate winning McDavid.

Honestly, Mac needs to move One of Hall, Eberle, Yak, and RNH.

The rest of their lineup is so BARREN. they can easily get so much in return for RNH, or Eberle for that matter.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Well, MacT released the statement a few weeks ago that the core would be there to stay. He for sure did not anticipate winning McDavid.

Honestly, Mac needs to move One of Hall, Eberle, Yak, and RNH.

The rest of their lineup is so BARREN. they can easily get so much in return for RNH, or Eberle for that matter.

This Panthers team, with Eberle added, would be so much more dynamic on offense. I'd rather Hall, but that's never going to happen. That said, trading Guds and a first for Eberle is something I'd be willing to do, especially if a defensive replacement came our way. I also think we'd be okay with bringing in a UFA dman to replace Guds. We need a winger with a scoring touch, and Eberle would certainly fit the bill. Even though he's more of a playmaker, putting him with Pirri, Bjugstad, or some of the other young guys would be fun to watch. Look at his goal totals in Regina and the AHL, as well as in the NHL, and he can definitely finish.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Just heard on NHL Radio, and I wouldn't even have realized this, Brandon Saad on the Hawks is an RFA. How do they go about extending this guy who is currently making 775,000 and change.

Trading Sharp is a start, and pretty much a must, but even then?

Also brought up Seabrook. Last year of his contract, something to keep an eye on.

Tallon should make an offer for Saad that the Blackhawks just cannot match.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Just heard on NHL Radio, and I wouldn't even have realized this, Brandon Saad on the Hawks is an RFA. How do they go about extending this guy who is currently making 775,000 and change.

Also brought up Seabrook. Last year of his contract, something to keep an eye on.

Won't happen. Tallon won't risk the relationship with his favorite trading partner.

gauseka15

Apr 21, 2014
Isle of Man

I heard the Hawks will match up to $5.75. So we would have to offer 6+ and forfeit our 1st 2nd 3rd round picks(one which we don't have)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I heard the Hawks will match up to $5.75. So we would have to offer 6+ and forfeit our 1st 2nd 3rd round picks(one which we don't have)

Pretty much Sharp is one foot out the door, along with several of other players....

And I forget the RFA system in NHL is different from the NBA (which the compensation system)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
It would be next years first, not this year. I think it would be a great move to offer him a large contract.
There are some cut throat GM's that would do that, but I don't think Tallon is one of them. It closes many more doors than it opens around the league when you get that rep. Edmonton does not have a reputation as one of the most ethical organizations around the league because of the Schultz signing and the way it was handled. IMO there is a real sense of distrust by some organizations who probably refuse to deal with them. It would be a mistake for Tallon to burn that bridge.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
There are some cut throat GM's that would do that, but I don't think Tallon is one of them. It closes many more doors than it opens around the league when you get that rep. Edmonton does not have a reputation as one of the most ethical organizations around the league because of the Schultz signing and the way it was handled. IMO there is a real sense of distrust by some organizations who probably refuse to deal with them. It would be a mistake for Tallon to burn that bridge.

which is lame. it's no different than getting a free agent away, only they still get compensated for it at least. how many players have we, as an organization lost because we couldn't offer the money? Garrison for one in recent memories (again I dont buy he wanted to go home)

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
which is lame. it's no different than getting a free agent away, only they still get compensated for it at least. how many players have we, as an organization lost because we couldn't offer the money? Garrison for one in recent memories (again I dont buy he wanted to go home)

He sure as hell didn't want to stay here.. **** 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad