Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'm not sure how I really feel about this whole Kane thing, but I trust Dale will make the right choice I guess.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Don't want Kane.

Unless he can leave his ego in Winnipeg.

the perfect sniper isn't going to fall out of the sky. have to take a chance on someone with some warts and hope he puts it together in a Panthers uni

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Chris Johnston
@reporterchris
Surveyed some NHL scouts and feeling is that price on Evander Kane has dropped. One top asset could be enough to land him from #NHLJets.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
What good is all this "character" Tallon has been bringing in over the past five years if they can't rein in one player. If you wait too long for the perfect fit, you're never going to get it.

If Tallon can get Kane for a reasonable price, he needs to do it.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Evander Kane not at practice today, trade seems imminent. Put me in the camp that wants him to be a Panther, badly. I'd offer up Hayes+Trocheck+2015 2nd round pick.

Huge overpayment. Kane's value is not high. We'd be insane to trade both Hayes and Trocheck. We move Trocheck before the guy who is almost leading this team in goals.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I want nothing to do with Kane either. His career high is only 57 points and he has not gotten back there since that happened in 2011-2012. He lacks respect to management by getting into issues with them and has not given himself an admirable image to the league. Sure. He could one day turn into a 80-90 point player, but I believe he's overpaid and until he performs to a higher standard, I'd rather not that the risk of trading some of our assets for him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He'd be a great fit along side Barkov and Hubs. A change of scenery, a player's coach, and enough veteran leadership to absorb him, will likely end up in a positive outcome for us.

These are the types of opportunities we need to take advantage of. Guys with upside like him, do not become available unless there are issues.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I want nothing to do with Kane either. His career high is only 57 points and he has not gotten back there since that happened in 2011-2012. He lacks respect to management by getting into issues with them and has not given himself an admirable image to the league. Sure. He could one day turn into a 80-90 point player, but I believe he's overpaid and until he performs to a higher standard, I'd rather not that the risk of trading some of our assets for him.

Look at the situation he's been in. Is it any wonder he hasn't been back to 57 points in awhile? He certainly has the tools to do it and I'd be willing to take the risk.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Would people risk using a 2016 1st on him?

For me, a 2015 1st would be too risky.

Not at this time. I don't think that's necessary. I was thinking Trochek, Bergie, and a second. Unless they wanted a D prospect but that doesn't seem like a need for them.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I'm sorry to be a downer, but they're not going to give Kane away. Why would they take anything less than Bjugstad or Huby?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Word is one top asset might do it.

Trocheck isn't quite a top asset but he's a quality asset. Bergie is going to be a rental for probably a second round pick so we can toss him in and he'd be a great fit there. He'd help their playoff push. The second sweetens the deal for them. I think it's a fair offer.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Trocheck isn't quite a top asset but he's a quality asset. Bergie is going to be a rental for probably a second round pick so we can toss him in and he'd be a great fit there. He'd help their playoff push. The second sweetens the deal for them. I think it's a fair offer.

Same. Although I feel other teams would offer better than that.

We hold Trocheck in a higher regard than other teams around the league. He has value to us, but not much elsewhere.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm sorry to be a downer, but they're not going to give Kane away. Why would they take anything less than Bjugstad or Huby?

Because his value is down. No one wants a dormant 5 million. also heard he could claim injury is unplayable, get surgery, and shut it down

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

no way. sizeable contract, mid season trade, exaggerated "character issues", slumping player. You buy the risk and hope a change of scenery is what he needs. There are only so many teams who have the cap space to add him and assets to give up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad