Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
which is lame. it's no different than getting a free agent away, only they still get compensated for it at least. how many players have we, as an organization lost because we couldn't offer the money? Garrison for one in recent memories (again I dont buy he wanted to go home)
I guess you could say I'm just not in favor of skewing a teams payroll towards one or two guys at the expense of the rest of the team. I don't like ridiculous over payments for UFA's or extending offer sheets to RFA's. I am a firm believer in building your team with value UFA's, trades that make sense, and the draft period. I wouldn't feel bad if they did away with offer sheets altogether. Also, I would never pay any player the kind of money some of the top guys are receiving. Eventually they just become an anchor that can never be traded away and sink your franchise long term for one year of instant gratification.

Tallon is a very good GM and a guy who gets it right a lot more than not, but he has brain farts at times and usually does one or two head scratchers each year. Hopefully, Viola intercedes again if Tallon tries to do another deal like the one reported on Lecavalier.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I guess you could say I'm just not in favor of skewing a teams payroll towards one or two guys at the expense of the rest of the team. I don't like ridiculous over payments for UFA's or extending offer sheets to RFA's. I am a firm believer in building your team with value UFA's, trades that make sense, and the draft period. I wouldn't feel bad if they did away with offer sheets altogether. Also, I would never pay any player the kind of money some of the top guys are receiving. Eventually they just become an anchor that can never be traded away and sink your franchise long term for one year of instant gratification.

Tallon is a very good GM and a guy who gets it right a lot more than not, but he has brain farts at times and usually does one or two head scratchers each year. Hopefully, Viola intercedes again if Tallon tries to do another deal like the one reported on Lecavalier.

That I can agree with, but 6 isn't super high imo, especially for A Saad or An Eberle. Sharp us
is only 800k less and Kessel is 2 million more, with comparable or better production

With either, our top six would be 25 or under....Jagr is clearly immortal so he doesn't count.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
That I can agree with, but 6 isn't super high imo, especially for A Saad or An Eberle. Sharp us
is only 800k less and Kessel is 2 million more, with comparable or better production

With either, our top six would be 25 or under....Jagr is clearly immortal so he doesn't count.

If you give 6M to Saad, you better be ready to give 6M to Huberdeau. Because there's no way he wouldn't ask and get the same kind of deal.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If you give 6M to Saad, you better be ready to give 6M to Huberdeau. Because there's no way he wouldn't ask and get the same kind of deal.

See, that's why I love Bjugstad's contract. that escalator contract is really cool. he starts earning close to 6. I don't giving Hubey that, not a 6 a year, but a couple of seasons at the tail end at or close to it.

No offense to Hubey but Saad has looked better every year, I acknowledge though that he plays with Toevs, Hossa, or Kane and Sharp which probably helps him. I don't mind he and Hubey getting the escalator deals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad