Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
No. We would have to take in 12.1M, and we have 14M of cap space, not entirely sure how Tallon is going to re-sign the RFA's with only 14M honestly.

I'd hate to be a GM honestly.

Kulikov 4M
Guddy 2.5M
Pirri 1.5M
Hayes 1M
Olsen 1M
Ekblad 0.925M

Send down petro, robak and ellis, then we will be at 67M and 15 forwads/centers so need to trade 2 of them

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Posted by a Chicago fan in the main board thread.. I would do this.

To Fla: Sharp & Leddy
To Chi: Campbell (50% retained) & 2015 2nd

This would be unreal if it happened. Sharp is a better player than Campbell and Leddy is worth more than a second round pick. The Panthers win this scenario hands down.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
This would be unreal if it happened. Sharp is a better player than Campbell and Leddy is worth more than a second round pick. The Panthers win this scenario hands down.

is sharp a better player than campbell at 50%? idk...

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Posted by a Chicago fan in the main board thread.. I would do this.

To Fla: Sharp & Leddy
To Chi: Campbell (50% retained) & 2015 2nd

Without a doubt, I'd do this trade and probably hit my head on the ceiling if it actually happened. Campbell was a huge asset of our playoff run in 2012 and I respect the helll out of the guy, but it's obvious that is time here is dwindling. At his age, he probably wants to play for a team that's a contender now and why not since he's already played in Chicago.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
The offer was thrown out of the hat of some Hawks fan who propably was disappointed on Sharp's playoff performance, so don't get your hopes up guys!

But hypotheticly even if it dismantled Panthers defence you'd jump out and take it and pray that Ekblad's exceptional status applied to NHL as well. The team is basicly short of 1/2 of 1st pairing players. It'd go from 1/2 to 0/2.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
The offer was thrown out of the hat of some Hawks fan who propably was disappointed on Sharp's playoff performance, so don't get your hopes up guys!

But hypotheticly even if it dismantled Panthers defence you'd jump out and take it and pray that Ekblad's exceptional status applied to NHL as well. The team is basicly short of 1/2 of 1st pairing players. It'd go from 1/2 to 0/2.

You have to take almost anything that some Blackhawks fans say with a grain of salt. How many of them wanted Quenneville canned after the playoffs this year? Lol it was laughable.

But I still think there's a decent chance that Leddy or Oduya could end up here, less of a chance for Sharp. I'm curious as to what the Blackhawks' asking price would be for one of those two...same with Boston for Boychuk.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
You have to take almost anything that some Blackhawks fans say with a grain of salt. How many of them wanted Quenneville canned after the playoffs this year? Lol it was laughable.

But I still think there's a decent chance that Leddy or Oduya could end up here, less of a chance for Sharp. I'm curious as to what the Blackhawks' asking price would be for one of those two...same with Boston for Boychuk.

Exactly, the only problem I see that none of those guys really seem like 1st pair defenders and we've already heard some conserning comments from Campbell. Wonder how much more he'd take having played yet another season without having someone worthy to have his back. Still another defenseman wouldn't hurt and needs to be dressed eventually.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
i like oduya. very solid defensively. not much offense though. stabilizing factor on nthe back end.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Although I could see Tallon going after Oduyawanna, I think he is targeting a more agile defenseman. We have too many big, slow guys back there and need one more d-man who can skate.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Although I could see Tallon going after Oduyawanna, I think he is targeting a more agile defenseman. We have too many big, slow guys back there and need one more d-man who can skate.

i don't think this post could possibly be more wrong.

Oduya is not big or slow. he's actually relatively undersized at 6'0

our defense also doesn't have many big, slow guys. willie mitchell is probably the only one who fits that criteria, and it doesn't make a difference because he makes up for it in spades with positioning and perfect stick-work.

Ekblad maybe could be considered "big and slow" - as i've heard some concerns about his skating...but i don't think the concerns are enough to consider him a slow skater. maybe average.

Gudbranson is big, but not slow. he's just terrible positionally so he gets caught out of position.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
i don't think this post could possibly be more wrong.

Oduya is not big or slow. he's actually relatively undersized at 6'0

our defense also doesn't have many big, slow guys. willie mitchell is probably the only one who fits that criteria, and it doesn't make a difference because he makes up for it in spades with positioning and perfect stick-work.

Ekblad maybe could be considered "big and slow" - as i've heard some concerns about his skating...but i don't think the concerns are enough to consider him a slow skater. maybe average.

Gudbranson is big, but not slow. he's just terrible positionally so he gets caught out of position.

I never called Oduya big or slow, I said our team had too many of them. Oduya isn't the biggest or slowest guy in the league, but he's not an agile defenseman. He's a stay at home, rely on positioning type of d-man.

Ekblad needs to improve skating, Mitchel is big and slow, and you're kidding if you don't think Guds is big AND slow. His skating has improved tenfold since his rookie season, but he's still pretty slow compared to most NHL forwards. When 3 of your 6 d-men are below average in terms of speed, I'd say half the players we put back there constitutes saying we have "too many slow guys".

The East plays a faster game than the West, and we need to keep up. I'd welcome Oduya, but he's not what we need. We need one more offensively gifted d-man. We basically have one, MAYBE two d-men who can contribute offensively (not fair to expect much from Ekblad this year). That's not going to cut it. 15 goals from our blue line is NOT going to cut it next season.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

The East plays a faster game than the West, and we need to keep up. I'd welcome Oduya, but he's not what we need. We need one more offensively gifted d-man. We basically have one, MAYBE two d-men who can contribute offensively (not fair to expect much from Ekblad this year). That's not going to cut it. 15 goals from our blue line is NOT going to cut it next season.

so you want another kulikov/campbell-kinda guy who's (to say atleast) not the most solid guys in the d-zone? oduya would be pretty good for us, you cant win with a bunch of karlssons on d. it's acually called defense because that's their main task on the ice. to defend.
if ekblad can produce we'd have 3 "offensive" d-men and 3 soild two-way/defensive defencemen in mitchell, oduya & guddy.
oduya with campbell would be great, even tho i'd prefer boychuk (right handed, bigger, meaner etc etc)

CoolburnIsGone

I never called Oduya big or slow, I said our team had too many of them. Oduya isn't the biggest or slowest guy in the league, but he's not an agile defenseman. He's a stay at home, rely on positioning type of d-man.
I get your overall point but felt that it should be clarified that Oduya is plenty agile/mobile. This is the scouting report on him from THN:
Assets: Is a great skater with the instincts to limit the damage to a minimum in the defensive zone. Owns an infectious attitude and is a solid teammate. Can occasionally play a shutdown role.

Flaws: Isn't a major offensive threat, nor is he big by National Hockey League standards. Also lacks the temperament to play with physical aggression on a consistent basis. Lacks a bit of hockey sense.

Career Potential: Mobile defensive defenseman.
Source: http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?2297

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad