Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Campbell for Weiss and Ouellett. XO is gonna be a beast dman and to counter salary we'd take back Weiss.. Put Bjugstad on the wing..
Huby-Barkov-Bjugstad
Flash-Weiss-Jokinen

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Campbell is making 7 mil which makes him nearly impossible to move, and we'd be getting their top d prospect back.

I don't know. If we could do it without retaining salary, I guess I could live with it. We'd have Weiss on that contract for another 4 years though. I'm not confident he'll improve enough to be worth it in the long run.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Weiss burned his own bridge here. He had an offer but got greedy so **** him, he can stay in the press box and feel ashamed.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
As much as I'd be fine with getting rid of Campbell at some point as his interest seems to be headed elsewhere and he hasn't been worth his salary in quite some time, our defense would also lose a huge hole without him. If we're not in the playoff race at the deadline, I'd say do it.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
As much as I'd be fine with getting rid of Campbell at some point as his interest seems to be headed elsewhere and he hasn't been worth his salary in quite some time, our defense would also lose a huge hole without him. If we're not in the playoff race at the deadline, I'd say do it.

This!

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i doubt we're getting one of their better young forwards in jurco for a 35yr old with only 1yr left after this season. they're not that close to making a cup run to give up assets like him, not saying jurco is just so amazing or anything, but i think its unrealistic to expect him in a deal.

kindl + pulkkinen + 1st for campbell (33% retained) + pick?

we'd want a D who could step in the lineup to help fill the void, not just a project. kindl's signed for the next 3yrs at 2.4per, which isnt bad for a 3rd pairing guy. will turn 28 by the end of the season. wasnt it mentioned he's available somewhere recently? for them its one LD out and one in. pulkkinen is another finn. RW, which we could use, and has a dirty slap shot that id kill for and is playing well in the ahl.

id wait to see where we are at when deadline time rolls around. if we're pretty out of it by that point then we should just trade him when his value is still at the highest (the more time passes by the less valuable he becomes). he'd still have 1 more year left on contract which makes his value more than if we traded him same time next year.

so in other words, a 1st (which is wishful thinking if we get the other 2 players, but would be nice if we can somehow get it tacked on the deal), someone who can help fill the void left (nothing major, just someone who's playing in the league at least), and pulkkinen.

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
the last thing we need is a prospect or a guy starting his career. I think there are enough of high end prospects on the team who are trying to learn the game.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i started a thread in the trade rumors section to see what wings fans would give up. just curious to hear from their fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad